Have we forgotten about supper? 2-15-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Making minestrone from leftover spaghetti sauce and other odds and ends.

There was part of a topside beef joint left so I sliced it up into some thickened gravy, on a low heat. Had it with tinned pease pudding (alternative to mash), stirred in a non stick pan, kale and organic carrots. Substantial.

Chicken-Cabbage soup, with the chicken stock I made from a Costco Rotisserie Chicken.

I think I managed to keep this batch of soup under .50 cents a portion for a half gallon of soup. This will feed me lunch for the week.

I presalted a chicken first thing this morning and roasted it. Mashed potatoes, gravy and brussels sprouts to go with. And a bundt cake that I tested for America's Test Kitchen that I'm not supposed to talk about until it's published ;)

Sliced sausage bread with country gravy and tossed salad with radishes, grape tomatoes, shredded cheddar, cucumber and red onion.

Hubby loves the zesty Italian dressing on his salad, where I usually go for either ranch or blue cheese. We had leftover red velvet cake for dessert.

Right after dinner, we went grocery shopping because some rather hairy weather is on its way. Yay.

We had the other half of the tiny white bean and sausage casserole I made a few days ago. We're starting to feel human again, so back to making new dinners. Yay!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom