Help with prizes for baked goods contest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
I'm helping run a baked goods contest. There are 5 categories. 3 for adults and 2 for kids. Cakes, Cookies, Breads, Pies ect. Usually first place prize for the kids is a big chocolate bar and 1st place prize for the adults is a cake made by a professional cake maker we know. We are trying to think of ideas for the 2nd and 3rd place prizes. Other than some raffles that are thrown in, I think last year they gave out spatula's which also donated to some cause for each one that you bought. I'm not sure about the budget, but I think it's between $2 and $5.00 for each prize.

Any ideas?

Why not forget about things prizes that you need to spend $$ on. Why not ask a local bakery, or some type of food business allow the winner to observe or participate in their place of business for an afternoon.
A winery, farmers' market, seafood market/fishing boat, even a local farm, either dairy or grain, would be cool too.
Actually, they would be better 1st prizes than 2nd or 3rd.
At least for me.
Sorry, can't think of a good $$ 2nd or 3rd prize right now.

Like Quicksilver, I'd forget about the budget and do something to make it fun. How about the second place winner being permitted to choose something from one of the other categories to take home. When he/she has chosen, the the third place winner gets to do the same. No cost involved, and you get your choice from all the goodies. If you don't bake bread, maybe you would like a nice loaf of fresh bread instead of a trinket that you probably already have or don't need. Or a fresh cake for the family to enjoy as dessert. I'll take the Lemon Meringue pie on the left....thank you!:LOL:

JoeV

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom