herb loves and hates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I love marjoram, rosemay, thyme. I dislike tarragon and fennel. Funny I like licorice, but fennel yutz! I like oregano and basil and herbs de napa. I use marjoram in many egg dishes or when i stuff onions or zucchini, rosemay always with chicken and pork...How about you?
kadesma :)

kadesma, no finnochio? you're lying, i'll bet your nose is growing, lol. you can't make a good sweet italian sausage without fennel (finnochio)....
i love thyme and rosemary, savory, oregano, parsley, cilantro, coriander, laurus nobilis (bay leaves), caraway, sweet basil, thai basil, dill...
can't think of any more right now.

tweedee said:
The only seasoning that I have found that I don't like is, cumin.

Me too, and curry powder. Favorites are basil, oregano, cilantro, lemon balm, but I like most herbs.

buckytom said:
kadesma, no finnochio? you're lying, i'll bet your nose is growing, lol. you can't make a good sweet italian sausage without fennel (finnochio)....
i love thyme and rosemary, savory, oregano, parsley, cilantro, coriander, laurus nobilis (bay leaves), caraway, sweet basil, thai basil, dill...
can't think of any more right now.
Ok you got me I give I do love Italian sausage with fennel :oops: Good grief, I just looked in the mirror, 3 inches to my nose :LOL:
kadesma

tweedee said:
The only seasoning that I have found that I don't like is, cumin.
I like cumin in my shredded meat for tacos or enchilladas, dh will eat it but really doesn't care for it. Curry, well, I don't think so! :)
kadesma

sage is my absolute favorite flavor and scent out there.
i also like oregano. i douse pepper into most things.

i don't like cinnamon.i don't like tyme due only to the fact that if it's not ground, it has those little 'twigs' in it.

luvs_food said:
sage is my absolute favorite flavor and scent out there.
i also like oregano. i douse pepper into most things.

i don't like cinnamon.i don't like tyme due only to the fact that if it's not ground, it has those little 'twigs' in it.
luvs, I like thyme, but always buy fresh, know what you mean about "twigs" I might try em if i was a beaver :LOL: I use a lot of fresh ground pepper too, it helps me cut down on salt.
kadesma

PolishedTopaz said:
I like them all.
PolishedTopas,
you'd be a dream to cook for :) :) I have several, but I don't like that one, around here :LOL:
kadesma

PolishedTopaz said:
I like them all.
PolishedTopaz,boy you'd be fun to cook for. I've got several "but I don't like that one" around here :) think I should teach em how to turn on a stove and open the fridge????
kadesma

kadesma said:
PolishedTopaz said:
I like them all.
PolishedTopas,
you'd be a dream to cook for :) :) I have several, but I don't like that one, around here :LOL:
kadesma
Polished,
your gonna get this one twice..I've had my first "goof up" whilst posting! Sorry :oops:
kadesma

Psiguyy said:
I HATE CILANTRO!!

I love everything else, though.
Psiguyy,
you are not alone :) My dh runs like the devil himself were after him when I bring in the cilantro..Why he even takes on a tinge of green :LOL:
kadesma

I wish I liked cilantro. So many dishes are made with it that I'm sure I'd enjoy more. I don't know why I hate it. There must have been something in my past that I associate that nasty flavor with. I wish I knew what that is. Armpits? Mouldy shoes? Dirt?

The strange thing is I love curly parsley. Dip a bunch into tempura batter and fry till crispy and I'm in heaven.

I HATE CILANTRO!!
My DH thinks it tasts like perfume..

I would like to know how you made the letters so large and how you made then RED..
Marge

Dove said:
I HATE CILANTRO!!
My DH thinks it tasts like perfume..

I would like to know how you made the letters so large and how you made then RED..
Marge

Just above the window where I'm now typing are the selections for Font colour: and Font size. You need to place the text between the tags the pop up when you click on your choice.

I've changed [ to ( for this example.

(color=red](/color] This is how the color change looks. You place the text between the two tags like this: (color=red] Your text here will be red (/color]

If you want to change both size and color, you need to place the text like this:

(size=24] HUGE red text here (/size] (/color]

Haven't found an easy way to do this. I end up cutting and pasting the tags. I first put spaces between the tags so it's easier to cut and paste.

I absolutely love the flavors of Rosemary, Basil, Thyme, Chives, Dill, Parsley....some say it doesn't have a real flavor but I think it does, Sage, and Oregano.

I can't say for sure if I like Cumin or Curry as I've never had a real dish that focused on these flavors. I think Chili has one or maybe both in it.....but I mainly taste the chili powder when eating it.

I really don't care for Cilantro either......tried it numerous times and really just catch get my palate to except it. I hear the chefs saying in place of it substitute Italian Parsley so thats what I do.

Back
Top Bottom