Hey, boys and girls...what is on your table 9-20-2020?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Awesome day today. Low humidity, decent temp and lots of sunshine. A precusor to fall tomorrow.

Have taters cooking for mashed. The last of the blueberry pie is ready to make its exit and a loaf of French bread is hankering for some slicing.

We'll have this as the entree.

If the aroma from the crock-pot is any indication of our meal, we'll be happy campers.

Sunday Dinner?? 9/20

Yellow Squash Pizza Bites Appetizer, Shrimp Etoufee' over White Rice, and the Salad...

Yellow Squash Pizza Bites.jpg

Shrimp Etoufe'e 9-20.jpg

The pot roast looks wonderful and the shrimp dish makes me want seafood!

I harvested two medium eggplant from my garden along with some basil, so tonight's dinner was eggplant parmesan with spaghetti on the side.

After struggling for a lifetime of pie crust failures, my middle niece taught me to make a pie crust in August. Today, I made one using what I had learned with success! To use the crust, I made an apple custard pie. It turned out pretty okay, but the crust was amazing! :)

Attachments

• 2020-09-20 13.23.22.jpg
    2020-09-20 13.23.22.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 2020-09-20 17.46.42.jpg
    2020-09-20 17.46.42.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 94
Yesterday afternoon SO and I were sitting and watching some pre-recorded cooking shows. One episode of Cook's Country had a segment on making a tomato galette. SO informed me that the recipe looked really good and that we should have it for dinner Sunday as we have some garden tomatoes that needed to be used.

Being the loving person I am I said I'd be glad to. We had it for dinner along with some egg and lemon soup.

75E93AD6-652F-42A4-BD3A-E1F2A0BBA4E3_1_105_c.jpg

Turns out it was delicious! I highly recommend it.

I made frikadeller and served them with newish potatoes, gravy, and a salad of green crisp lettuce, sorrel, rainbow chard, very thinly sliced white cabbage, red bell pepper, red onion, and homemade vinaigrette. We never seem to get tired of frikadeller.

Attachments

• IMG_20200920_183220.jpg
    IMG_20200920_183220.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 63

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom