Hey what's for dinner 9/23/10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I am loving this coffee bean blend I mixed together!! Chocolate, coconut and maple whole beans, fresh ground makes an awesome brew!! A cup of coffee, shaved turkey breast with lettuce & mayo on WW bread for breakfast. I am thinking we will have breakfast for dinner tonight.

I am thinking this will be the menu tonight: Poached eggs, pan fried red & yukon potatoes (with red & green peppers, mushrooms and onions) and maybe homemade butter basted buttermilk biscuits with creamed honey on the side. Maybe green salad or tomato salad on the side.

Whats on your menu today?

Don't really know yet. Today is a big day. We are taking Dad for an interview at a Senior's Day Program where he would be picked up in the morning, stay for lunch and be brought home later in the afternoon. This gives him some social time and me some "me" time and costs only $11.80 a day for everything. He is all dressed up and ready to go. This is just to see if he likes the place and how it will work in our schedule.

So I think we need to have a meal to celebrate - something he really loves and can eat. Could be Chinese, steak, burgers....

I thought about spaghetti, but then I realized I should make that on the weekend, as James loves spaghetti too. I came here to look for ideas, but darn it, I'm fresh out of baby octopus. :cool: So it is back to the drawing board for me!

:)Barbara

Cadillac Cactus Juice Cocktails......
Chicken Wangs.........
Pink-Eye Purple Hull Peas......
Kone Braid........
Musgoes.......
Chocolate Ice Cream.........

I decided on beef stroganoff, with baby peas. I might go traditional and have it with noodles, but I am kind of in the mood for mashed potatoes and might go with that. :cool:

I'm leaving chicken thighs and a box of Shake N Bake on the counter for the family. ;)

I'm off to work now and no idea what will be served there. I'm going to take a turkey sandwich with fresh tomato and cucumber as a back up though.

Ciao all! See you tomorrow!

I thought about spaghetti, but then I realized I should make that on the weekend, as James loves spaghetti too. I came here to look for ideas, but darn it, I'm fresh out of baby octopus. :cool: So it is back to the drawing board for me!

You could always stop by tour local Octomart and pick some up!

It was left-over night here. Baked chicken, spanish rice, or the sesame beef and broccoli.

Over easy eggs with bacon lardons sprinkled on top, pan fried Red & Yukon potatoes (fried in a small amount of bacon fat with red & green peppers, mushrooms and onions) and nicely browned homemade buttermilk biscuits (I replace 1 Tbsp per cup of flour with 1 Tbsp of wheat germ) with butter & fresh creamed honey on the side.

img_922092_0_abc4f32c02251515f0bf37e964b0d99e.jpg

img_922092_1_2e8c55277db8547186525ebcdfd2324a.jpg

Over easy eggs with bacon lardons sprinkled on top, pan fried Red & Yukon potatoes (fried in a small amount of bacon fat with red & green peppers, mushrooms and onions) and nicely browned homemade buttermilk biscuits (I replace 1 Tbsp per cup of flour with 1 Tbsp of wheat germ) with butter & fresh creamed honey on the side.

img_922097_0_abc4f32c02251515f0bf37e964b0d99e.jpg

img_922097_1_2e8c55277db8547186525ebcdfd2324a.jpg
Oh great! Now my monitor is a wet, streaky mess and my tongue is all dusty! :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

The goal was sole meuniere, but I couldn't find any sole, so I had to go with tilapia.

wpid-2010-09-23_18-29-50_836.jpg

Last day of the week for the new position...was able to leave early, but I really am exhausted (but loving the new job). I stopped at the deli and picked up a RTE pot roast dinner for 2. It was quite tasty! Now for some sleep, tomorrow...laundry and shopping.

Chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese with tomatoes on pumpernickel.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom