Hot Wasabi peanuts from the peanut shop disappointed me.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you like Hot Wasabi Peanuts???

• Total voters

kleenex

Master Chef
I went into my local grocery store and saw this package of Yin & Yang Peanuts:

http://www.thepeanutshop.com/vcart/itemblock/?itemblock=11

And thought I would try them out.

I tried the Hot Wasabi peanut out and found the flavor to be lacking, but the color did not look bad. I give the Hot Wasabi Peanut a marginal thumbs down for me.

I thought the Honey Roasted peanut were really good in flavor.

kleenex said:
You can even get a squeezable bottle of Wasabi now in the grocery store.
I did not know you could get Wasabi in a bottle

I enjoy them but I cant eat a whole bag. They are tasty! I think I need something to compliment their taste. Any type of alcohol taste really bad with em! :x I think if they were sprinkled on a Asian rice dish they would be even better. ;)

I've never had wasabi nuts..what I've had is wasabi peas..their crunchy and spicey...has anyone tried these?

Wasabi peas, love those suckers. Some are hotter than others, and those are the ones I go for. But it is often difficult to tell from the package.

auntdot said:
Wasabi peas, love those suckers. Some are hotter than others, and those are the ones I go for. But it is often difficult to tell from the package.

Sure it is.

kleenex said:
MJ said:
Wasabi peanut? :?

Yes, this new product exists. A peanut flavored in a Japanese mustard.

http://www.freshwasabi.com/wasabi_technical.htm

You can even get a squeezable bottle of Wasabi now in the grocery store.

I found wasabi powder and like using it better than the tube. Love wasabi, add it to mayo for hamburgers, ham sandwiches, even sprinkle it into marinades or add it to a rub for steak or chops.

I like a brand out of Virginia, I think Williamsburg brand (will look it up at my local gourmet store this weekend). But I vastly prefer the Japanese wasabi peas I can get there!!!!

When I first read this I was thinking of those little green wasabi "things" that you can buy either separate or in a mix!! I've never had a wasabi peanut! If I dare go near the mall I will look for some!

Back
Top Bottom