How are you celebrating National Blueberry Popsicle day? (2014. -09-02) Dinner!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
That's right, folks, today is National Blueberry Popsicle day in case you missed marking it on your calendars. It is unbearably humid right now (or maybe it is just another hot flash). I can't bear the idea of turning on the stove or eating anything hot...besides, after that big breakfast, I'm still not very hungry. Thinking some carrot, cucumber, blanched green beans with some greek yogurt will hit the spot. I'm not going out to buy a blueberry popsicle.

Last edited by a moderator:
No blueberry Popsicle here either. I've got some sausage jambalaya going right now. It's quick and easy after the first day back at school! The student I work with has an interesting schedule this year which will keep me busy!

I made pasta with no-cook tomato sauce pan-roasted chicken breast and crostini with homemade pesto, chopped garden tomatoes and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.

Last edited:
A big bottle of wine here tonight with a big bowl of outrageously good guacamole. Because of continued dental issues, one of us ate it with chips, the other with a spoon. :mellow:;)

why wouldn't they make blueberry popsicle day during blueberry season? does it take that long for them to freeze? :ermm:

i just bought some fantastic smelling mangoes and jersey peaches.

i could smell how sweet the peaches were from 5 feet away, and the mangoes had this wonderfully sweet sort of piney aroma - usually a good sgn for maaahngoes.

maybe i'll make some peach pops tomorrow.

I don't believe I've ever seen or eaten a blueberry Popsicle, but it sounds good.

We had poke chops and sweet corn on the grill, followed by a nice big hunk of fresh cantaloupe for dessert. You just can't beat the taste of cantaloupe when it's in season.

I had blueberries mixed in with a peach and some cherries when I had cottage cheese for breakfast. Does that count?

Sent Himself out to feed the mosquitoes again. He grilled chicken breasts perfectly. I don't know why people complain about them getting dry - it never happens for him. I also made volcano potatoes (twice-baked with bacon on top) and a new side dish. It was fresh corn, grape tomatoes, chives, lemon juice and olive oil, and chunks of cheese. I used colby-jack even though the recipe called for cheddar. The photo with the recipe looked like the corn could have been raw, or maybe lightly steamed, but I used some of the grilled corn from yesterday. All I know is that Himself said I could make that dish again.

Attachments

• 2014-09-02 21.14.12.jpg
    2014-09-02 21.14.12.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 169
We were in Maine this past weekend, and the place we usually stay serves Blueberry Pie ( since Maine's state berry is blueberries, and its state dessert is Blueberry pie), but this year there was none to be found. So on Blueberry popsicle day, we picked up a blueberry pie in its honor. Sadly, it was the kind you just kinda pick up at the grocery store. Not the Maine type, but it was better than nothing ( especially when smothered in whipped cream :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom