how do like/make/take your burgers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
burgers-how do like/make/take yours?

i like mine with onion and worcestershire, salt and pepper, and ground sage in the mix, grilled or broiled to medium rare, with good 'ol cheddar cheese on them, on a toasted bun, with ketchup and mustard, lettuce and tomato. and a cold, cold beer, in bottles.

take-out burgers, i like a single McD's w/ ketchup and mustard only.

Last edited:
8 oz. ground buffalo meat formed into a patty, then rub on garlic powder, onion powder, a splash of worcestershire, and a sprinkle of hot red pepper flakes. grill over lump hardwood charcoal, melting 2 slices of american cheese on top when it's medium rare.

serve on a soft sesame roll, with raw onion, ripe tomato, romaine lettuce, and ketchup. and a side of steak fries and dill pickle spears.

I like mine different ways at different times, but Buckytoms burger sounds as close to what I was going to describe that I think he may have some sort of ESP :)
I have not tried the red pepper flakes, but as soon as I read that my mouth started to water. I generally mix onion and garlic powder into the ground meat along with whatsthishere sauce. My bun is always grilled.

Bucky you can make me a burger anytime! I will supply the beer :cool:

will do gb! the red pepper flake idea i got years ago from a little old italian street vendor on the west side of manhattan. he had a beat up old cart that he had towed into the city since the late 40's. he parked on 11th ave, or the west side highway, and served the absolute best little burgers in the city, for about a buck each. you got a small, maybe 3 or 4 oz. patty, and your only choice of toppings were sauteed onions and hot red pepper flakes, ketchup or mustard. i think he sold hot dogs too, but everyone went to him for the burgers. he supposedly raised a big family with the money he made from the cart, and his children all became doctors. (i'm not sure how much of that is just myth now that he is gone).

As much as I love a grilled burger...I also like mine cooked in a iron skillet, with a little Kosher Salt/Cracked Pepper seasoning mix, topped with whatever cheese I am in the mood for.

I love to top burgers with many different items: Sauteed mushrooms, avacado, carmelized onions, bacon, pineapple, ham...etc.

Always a buttered, toasted bun with iceberg lettuce, thick tomato slices, mayo, Heinz 57, and thick slice of Vidalia onion.

I swear I could eat burgers EVERYDAY!!!!

We like to season the meat with garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper and worchestershire..Then for each person we make two patties, in between we put the person's favorite cheese, for me it's blue, my DH has cheddar, the kids like anykind sooo.We put the patties together and seal well to hold in the melted cheese. I usually prepare a tray of tomato,lettuce, pickles, peppers, onions to top off the burgers. mustard, mayo, relish, thousand island, ...That's it:)

kadesma

Used to love a juicy, rare burger ... until the days of E. coli. :ohmy:

Still make 'em ... usually with fresh herbs and garlic ... but dh grills them till they're done. A thick slice of garden fresh tomato and some Blue Plate or Duke's mayo helps disguise the not so rare pattie.

Erik said:
As much as I love a grilled burger...I also like mine cooked in a iron skillet, with a little Kosher Salt/Cracked Pepper seasoning mix, topped with whatever cheese I am in the mood for.

I love to top burgers with many different items: Sauteed mushrooms, avacado, carmelized onions, bacon, pineapple, ham...etc.

Always a buttered, toasted bun with iceberg lettuce, thick tomato slices, mayo, Heinz 57, and thick slice of Vidalia onion.

I swear I could eat burgers EVERYDAY!!!!
Hi Erik, I'm with you on the iron skillet. My dad taught me that one a long time ago. I will also, get the pan super hot add the salt then do a boneless ribeye that way or even some lamb chops..Thanks for reminding me :)
kadesma

I always grill my burgers (medium to medium well unless someone asks for something else)... just my preferred method. I use different preparations, depending on mood. I start with custom ground beef. We buy our beef on the hoof and have it cut and packaged to our specifications, so our ground beef is about as fat free as possible to still cook right. When browning it in a pan, there is typically no more than a tablespoon of fat to drain off from a pound of meat.

For seasoning, I may use nothing but salt and pepper, and then garnish the brugers well in the bun. I also use my own mix of Emeril's Cajun seasoning, makes a great tasting burger. I sometimes use just a stock seasoning salt, and I also like the store brand version of Montreal Steak seasoning. What ever I use, I always mix it into the ground beef before forming the patties. Sometimes I will also mix in chopped onion or sliced mushrooms as well, and for some friends, chopped jalapenos.

I like to have a fairly complete selection of condiments and garnishes displayed so that everyone can do their own thing. Ketchup, mustard (brown and yellow), mayo (I like Miracle Whip), salsa, various steak sauces, pickles (sweet and dill), onion slices, lettuce, tomato, peppers. I will usually have a couple of different cheeses and take orders as I cook. I also toast the buns on the grill as I cook the meat.

Last edited:
A half pound of ground chuck (85% lean), formed into a thick patty with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Grill it over the hottest grill you can find to a rare-medium rare level.

Place it onto a fresh bulkie roll thickly layered with Hellman's mayo on both sides. Add sliced fresh garden tomatoes, green leafy lettuce and a slice of Vidalia onion.

Home-made french fries, half-sour pickles and a cold Samuel Adams Winter Lager on the side.

...or I could just sing the lyrics to the song. "I like mine with lettuce and tomatoes, Hieinz 57 and french fried potatoes..."

'scuse me, gotta go get something to eat...

Good ole Aussie burger

patty (minced beef, breadcrumbs, eggs, Worcestershire sauce)
grilled onions
egg
bacon
beetroot
pineapple
lettuce
tomato
cheese
tomato sauce
big damper roll

Its a big burger.

that's definately a big burger, haggis, lol!:LOL: