how fast can you spit out recipes.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

masteraznchefjr

Sous Chef
man i felt like iwas on fire today. for lunch i didn't have time to reserach and look up recipes so i just randomly made dumplings with a spicy dumpling sauce. then i made chinese spinach with some papya. Then for dinner, i made linguine with some type of grape juice based sauce with sausage and celery and caramalized onions

Wow~!!!
You're good.

Sure wish you lived
near me, I'd have ya come cook
dinner tonight :!: :D

nice 1

that sounds nice..THAT JUS PROVES YOU DONT NEED RECIPES YOU NEED TASTE AND KNOWLAGE

sometimes i end up making too much food and just tossing it in the fridge cause ideas keep coming my way.

I'm another one who rarely uses a recipe. When I don't know how to make something, I'll go to the cookbook wall and pull out three or four, contemplate them for an hour or week, then go to the kitchen and cook. Needless to say, I don't bake.

Claire said:
I'm another one who rarely uses a recipe. When I don't know how to make something, I'll go to the cookbook wall and pull out three or four, contemplate them for an hour or week, then go to the kitchen and cook. Needless to say, I don't bake.

you and i think along the same lines, claire. cookbooks and recipes are nothing but a hindrance. baking is restrictive and boring IMO. and didn't you say in another post that you don't like sweet food? (i'm eating a sweet tonite!!!! angel food cake!) :LOL:

You're right, I'm not a sweets lover. When it is "my turn" to make desert, it will inevitably be fruit or cheese. I don't look down on baking, I just feel it is a science, and I'm lousy at science. All that measuring just isn't me. I love cookbooks and recipes, but never follow a recipe .... I often wonder when people ask, "What should I use if I don't have (like) an ingredient?" This seems like such a simple concept to me. But I'm approaching (very, very quickly) 50 and have been cooking for over 4 decades. So perhaps it is a natural instinct to know that many people don't like cilantro, so put some sprigs in a vase on the table so people can garnish their own Asian or Mexican dishes. That children love to play with their food, so hands on foods are great if there are kiddies around. That .... well, you get the picture.

I love looking through recipes to get ideas, but I don't think I've ever followed any recipe to the letter. I'm always tasting, adding, leaving things out, substituting things etc., I often come up with excellent pasta sauces that I just invent as I go along - but then can never remember what I put in them LOL!

Paint.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom