Hump day dinner 9/2/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Momofuku's pork belly buns with a radish/carrot slaw. Roasted the pork belly Saturday so it just needs to be sliced and warmed. Made extra pickles when we had the Bahn Mi sandwiches last week. The ingredients for the buns are out and ready to mix in a couple of hours. Just have to find the steamer baskets. We still have to search for things we don't use often since the move with everything in new places.

Last edited:
Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken Thighs, Lemon Herb Risotto, roasted broccoli and Rustic Garlic Cheese bread. Can't wait!

Leftovers. I'm just about ready for my major shopping trip of the month tomorrow.

Chicken and Stovetop Stuffing casserole. Got a whole fridge full of leftovers, but DH wants something else "different".

I'm defrosting a pork tenderloin. I think I'll cut it into filets mignon and par sear them. Some buttered noodles and a veggie will help make the plate look full.

I rehearsed again a tried out (successful) recipe for stuffing - as a side dish for a forthcoming dinner party. I had obviously deemed it worth keeping ages ago since, although still good, it needed tweaking.

It was bacon, garlic, onion, toasted pine nuts and pistachios, spinach and fresh crumbs. There was not really enough crumb to ratio of rest of ingredients - it didn't come together/mesh well. So I have adjusted the recipe. Knowing how to improve something is what separates a cook from a better cook! ;)

Sort of breakfast for dinner-- bacon, scrambled eggs with green onion and melty smoked gouda, the last of the tabbouleh from yesterday. I thought it would last longer, although I had some for breakfsst too. Have to make more. Oh, and a sliced tomato on the side of the plate. Yum yum.

I still have quesadilla fixings from the other day, so I'll make more of those. Tasty roast chicken mixed with tomatillo salsa, chopped tomatillos and cheese with zesty refried beans and Mexican rice on the side.

Just a salad with every thing!

img_1434724_0_984133e18f17cbd62e233efdf8f273e8.jpg

I still have quesadilla fixings from the other day, so I'll make more of those. Tasty roast chicken mixed with tomatillo salsa, chopped tomatillos and cheese with zesty refried beans and Mexican rice on the side.

Turned out pretty well :yum:

Attachments

• 1441243637550.jpg
    1441243637550.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 158
Good looking plates, guys. The food looks good, too. ;)

Himself grilled up 85% lean burgers, no mix-ins or seasoning. We made sandwiches on toasted English muffins (Thomas' "Sandwich size"). Mine had sauteed mushrooms and Swiss cheese, his had a gigantic slab of onion. Nearly as large as the burger, it was. Sides were potato salad and some of the dwindling supply of home dills. Debating if I want to make "just one more quart" or not - we're getting a little pickled out.

With leftovers in mind for tomorrow night when the kitchen will be closed until we get back from vacation, I grilled big rib eye steaks with a grill basket of veggies for dinner tonight and easy cold dinner tomorrow. What's better than grilled steak and veggies?
Cooking is done here for a while.

With leftovers in mind for tomorrow night when the kitchen will be closed until we get back from vacation, I grilled big rib eye steaks with a grill basket of veggies for dinner tonight and easy cold dinner tomorrow. What's better than grilled steak and veggies?
Cooking is done here for a while.
Toss in a scoop or two of steamed white rice and I can't think of anything better!

K, please do post photos of what you and Steve eat along your travels, you know I have FE (Food Envy) ;)

Back
Top Bottom