Hump Day Dinner! What's Up? 5/2/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
We're having chicken with pickled peppers and Kalamata olives over rice.

What's planned for your table?

:ohmy::)You have my undivided attention Andy. What on earth is Hump Day???? I know what it would mean here!!!

Down Harry!!
It is a way of saying Wednesday here. Halfway through the work-week, downhill from there to the weekend. :cool:

For supper we are having stew beef and mushrooms in gravy, served with potatoes and broccoli. :yum:

Grilled hot dogs with chopped Vidialia onions. I may just grill an onion, too.

We spent the afternoon with the vet getting the furbabies checked out so picked up some philly cheesesteak sandwiches on the way home.

I just put some chicken breast pieces in a bag to marinate for a little while. Teriyaki Chicken. Not sure if I am going to fire up the grill, if I get fired up, or if I will just stir fry it in a pan. Gotta use a pan anyway to thicken up the finishing sauce. On the other hand, grilled chix tastes better. Ok, I will grill it. Then I can grill some asparagus and serve with brown rice.

Made a skillet dinner for DH with potatoes, yams, carrots, onions, peas and farmer sausage. Then sent him to work with a thick salami sandwich, some fruit and raw veggies.

I'm still sticking to soft and creamy until we figure out this throat mess - I don't want to be giving myself pneumonia like our dear Princess! :ermm: It is still two weeks until my swallow test.

:ohmy::)You have my undivided attention Andy. What on earth is Hump Day???? I know what it would mean here!!!

Down Harry!!

As others said, it's mid-week. You're over the hump and it's downhill to the weekend.

Then the comedian Steven Wright asks, "Why is Wednesday called hump day when most people get laid on the weekend?"

Tonight was grilled veal chops with a couple of salad type things.

img_1134590_0_0a6c2143b0f554401acc22ba5a87fbed.jpg

Down Harry!!
That's great not a mention is it because I'm the older brother.
I learned about this term on my first carib cruise. I was a tad miffed when I found out what the Hump cabins really were. I felt the same way about the Shaggin comp in the main ballroom:ermm:

I threw together shrimp and steamed artichokes on top of rice with black bean sauce. I am camping at the house in the City and don't have a lot of pans here.

Last edited:
Last night we had lovely cast-iron-pan-seared sea scallops served with small dollops of Thai Sweet Chili Sauce on each one, along with some Knorr Teriyaki Rice Mix, some sauteed zucchini & yellow squash, & a green salad.

Back
Top Bottom