Hump Day Feedbag 1/29/20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Double Cheeseburger, Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onion & Mayonnaise -
Tater tots, Candied Carrots ...

Burger, Californis, Canidied Carrots, Tots.jpg

Still running Souper Bowl here, but tonight's it's leftover soup. Must go before I make a new pot tomorrow: beef-veggie, Italian veggie with meatballs, and last night's ham-and-bean soup. Took two bowls worth of the h&b over to the across-the-street neighbors' place. Just call me "Goober Eats". :cool:

Good eats for Wed. 1/29/20

I did a double cut Rib Eye in the SousVide at 130 degrees for 3 hrs. and flame finished it on Wilma the searing burner of the grill till slightly crusty and pretty. Loaded baked spuds and fresh chives were the sides along with highly seasoned and buttered zucchini zoodles :yum:

What happened at your casa?

I had a roasted chicken leg. I guess I should have some veg. Maybe I'll have some of the leftover leek and potato soup.

I was busy all afternoon making tamales for my book club meeting tomorrow and was pretty tired, so easy dinner tonight: I thawed and heated leftover chicken á la king and made mashed potatoes to serve it over. Good comfort food.

Double Cheeseburger, Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onion & Mayonnaise -
Tater tots, Candied Carrots ...

View attachment 38656

Speaking of tater tots, there was an article in the NYT about Amy Klobuchar making a hot dish featuring the tater tots.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/28/dining/amy-klobuchar-hotdish.html

I Will be trying out a recipe called Samoss Chardonnay in the same article. Looks good.

https://www.worthypause.com/blog/2018/3/samosa-chaatdish-tater-tot-hotdish-recipe

Freezer diving, a piece of corned beef and potato latkes. Corned beef hash, potato latkes and eggs done sous vide.

Since I didn't drag the Air Fryer back to the basement, I made Orange chicken with rice and peas. Dad had ice cream topped with the hot fudge syrup I made on Tuesday for his shake.

Back
Top Bottom