Hump Day in the Kitchen - 9/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Hot Roast Beef on White and Mashed Spuds with Gravy, Buttered Succotash,
Tomato and Sweet Pepper Salad...

Roast Beef Sandwich & Grvy.jpg

We tried a new type of pre-made tortellini. I made a cream sauce to go with that. I gotta work on my cream sauces. It was pretty good, but could definitely be better. I would have loved to have made a salad to go with that, but I'm just not up for walking around that much at the moment. I'm having an arthritis flare and if I don't walk extremely cautiously, it hurts.

My stomach is feeling lousy today.

DD made me some soft scrambled eggs, bacon and tea with lemon and honey for brunch. Dinner was quick and easy shortcut chicken soup (leftover rotisserie chicken, celery, carrot, onion and potato simmered in Swanson chicken stock till tender served over brown rice from the other night).

DD made me some soft scrambled eggs, bacon and tea with lemon and honey for brunch. Dinner was quick and easy shortcut chicken soup (leftover rotisserie chicken, celery, carrot, onion and potato simmered in Swanson chicken stock till tender served over brown rice from the other night).

Sounds good. I hope you feel better soon.

IMG_6384.jpg

Very busy day today,
so it was an ole stand by that I
always have in the deep freeze,
my version of Oven Kalua Pork.
I quick pan saute it just to heat it through
and then add Sweet White Onionsand Green Cabbage,
add a bit of water, cover, steam the Veg
and serve it all over a bed of freshly
Steamed White Rice.
A splash of Soy Sauce over the
top takes it all over the top! :LOL:

Last edited:
We got tired of the gloppy, casserole style of Eggplant Parmesan, so we started doing it in stacks of two, bottom piece of coated, crispy eggplant, fresh motz slices, and sauce, repeat. The cheese helps protect from the sauce turning the coating to mush.

36788-albums1093-picture8432-jpg.46938

Forgot the picture. I had a bowl for breakfast this morning also.

Attachments

• quick_chicken_soup_092320_IMG_7181.jpg
    quick_chicken_soup_092320_IMG_7181.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 103
I simmered leftover chicken cacciatore till the thigh meat fell off the bone, then shredded the meat, added it to the sauce and mixed it with freshly made spaghetti. I also made a loaf of no-knead bread, to make garlic bread, and a salad. 20200923_204031.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom