Hump day menu, 01/04/17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My checks always are always dated to the previous year for a few months. Slow learner.

Fixt it.

Last edited:
Checks? What are those?
czechoslovakians-in-traditional-costumes-picture-id92938881

I went to Whole Paycheck to grab lunch today and they had fresh sea bass on sale, so I picked one up. It's actually sitting in my car right now. Today's temperature is a balmy 1° F, so I think it will be alright. If it's not frozen when I get home, that's what I'll be having.

Fishy made it home unscathed...
img_1494736_0_acb5a13dbfb9389b58e0c70dd7c08eb7.jpg

img_1494736_1_2f88ebe386c36d243e89bac2ac8032a2.jpg

A friend kidnapped me today to go thrift store shopping. Before we left, thawed two chicken breasts. While all the goodies I bought (clothes for my Mom) were in the washer, I chopped up the two breasts, seasoned them with paprika, cinnamon, ginger, orange zest, apricot jam and a bit of cayenne pepper. I heated the pressure cooker and browned the chicken, added orange juice, water, and more apricot jam (2 c total liquid), cooked that under pressure for 10 minutes, cooled it immediately under the tap. While the chicken was cooking, I cooked basmati (sp) rice in chicken stock and 1/4 c orange juice and then steamed broccoli. I pulled the meal together in 20 minutes. Topped the broc. with orange butter I had in the freezer. My Dad loved it, my Mom cleaned her plate. Another homerun and all that I had leftover was some rice, broccoli and some of the orange sauce. Tomorrow I am going to put the orange sauce on oven-broiled salmon.

If you know s/one who is doing eldercare, a pressure cooker is a wonderful thing to have. As is a Roomba vacuum. Love both.

"Here's lookin' at you, Steve." :cool: Glad to see you went all French Revolution on him before presentation.

It turns out our guest loves mushrooms, too, as well as all the veggies I had fixed. Most of the veggies were gone! Still a goodly amount of the beef left, though. It was rarer than it looks...

Attachments

• 2017-01-04 20.27.35.jpg
    2017-01-04 20.27.35.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 116

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom