I am so proud of my wife

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
She just said something that made me so happy. She was making egg salad and said "I am so happy that you turned me on to flavor. Before you I never would have realized that I needed to add pepper or some spice or something. Now I like to taste layers of flavor". Man did that put a huge smile on my face :mrgreen:

GB, now you know how we wives feel when we get a little compliment. It certainly makes a difference to know someone is appreciative of your efforts. Good guy for posting such a nice tribute to her.

Funny how I thought the same thing today GB. I was making some steamed white rice and decided to add onions, ginger, soy sauce, peas and scrambled eggs and turned it into fried rice. Funny how uneducated I was about cooking before when I lived with such bland food. Blah!

There is nothing like appreciation to hone your cooking skills. One sister didn't like to cook to begin with, then had two husbands who criticized anything she did in the kitchen, period. She was determined to get her kids 'round the table at least a couple times a weeek, but her husband(s) not only criticised her efforts, but encouraged her kids to do so, also.

When I was in my late twenties, I was dating a few men. It didn't take me too long to decide that the man who (a) thought I was the best cook in the universe, and (b) took me out to exotic ethnic restaurants was the man for me.

I personally think that the best response to people who don't like what you cook is ... not to cook. It would be like cutting an arm off for me, though, so I'm glad I found the guy for me (25 years ago)!

Back
Top Bottom