I cooked!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cluelessbutterfly

Assistant Cook
I cooked!!!!!!!!!

I made it from a recipe!
its called "Crispy Chicken with Asparagus Sauce" from campbells kitchen.com

I can't believe it. I browned the chicken just like the recipe says, and I didn't burn it this time!!!!
I followed everything word for word- except the 2tablespoons of veg oil, because I did that, and the first 2 pieces of chicken didn't look so good, so I said what the heck and put in a lot more oil, fried the chicken and it is actually looking good!
I stayed infront of that stove, and did not leave, because I did not want to waste the chicken like I usually do.
I followed the sauce recipe word by word, but added a little more water, the rice looks good.

*sigh* hope my toddler likes it! she is taking an early nap right now, so when she wakes up I will feed it to her.

I already ate, and it tasted really good to me, a different type of food than what we usually eat.

anyways, I am happy now, and I will be extremely happy if my girl likes it.

WOOHOO!! Good for you! See, not so hard. Don't stop now, the more you cook, the easier and tastier it all becomes!!

img_617734_0_a06b7a2e384f2ada8d87eaca8ac62167.jpg

Good for YOU!:D

Don't gauge your success on what a toddler thinks, tho... they often don't know what's good. Their taste buds are underdeveloped, to be generous.

be thrilled that you made something you would like to eat again. and keep on keeping on! Just like swimming, just jumping into the pool can be the hardest part!

Good for YOU!:D

Don't gauge your success on what a toddler thinks, tho... they often don't know what's good. Their taste buds are underdeveloped, to be generous.

be thrilled that you made something you would like to eat again. and keep on keeping on! Just like swimming, just jumping into the pool can be the hardest part!

What she said!!!

I have 3 kids, 1 wont eat most anything, but I'm not cooking around him. He can learn to eat something besides pizza and fish sticks!!! It's a battle but well worth it! ;)

thanks for all your support guys!!!!!!!!!

My little girl actually liked it! I couldn't belive that she ate it, I said to her "I will give you icecream after!"........ and I guess she understood (2years1month). And she ate it almost all!!!!!!!!!

I am happy, and I will keep trying new things.

I never had a lot of variety growing up-but now I can change that with my little girl.

thanks again!

thank you all for your advice and support!

I am gonna keep trying new things now.

I am learning everyday- and God willing, little by little I will do things even better.

WhoooHooo! She liked it! That's 2 successes in one day!

I'm sure if you keep taking it slow and easy you will get the hang of it all.

Keep cooking! There are so many kitchen tools out there. You will have fun. It feels great when it comes out right and tastes sooo good.

I am very happy right now.

So for tomorrow, I have fish- and I will try this recipe "salmon filet with mustard glaze"- sounds very easy and delicious- and it will be good for us to try this instead of the usual salmon with butter and fish seasoning & white rice.

when I cook chickens & salmon- I wash them with lemon & water and to the chicken I take off the extra fat-
is there other ways to wash the chickens or is that basically the correct way to do it?

not sure-

they never put this into recipe books!

Congrats on your success. It is a great feeling.

Keep in mind that every new dish won't be a home run like the chicken. Sometimes a recipe sounds good and you just won;t like it. Sometimes a recipe eill have errors in it and you end up with garbage.

I don't wash either fish or chicken.

I usually just rinse the chicken under cold running water and then pat it dry with paper towels. Can't help you with the salmon, I don't cook fish.

Congratulations on your successful meal. It's really great when it all comes together, and even better when others enjoy what you have made. For me, the enjoyment of others is why I cook and bake.

Glad your little gir like it as well. Kids can be tough critics, but they will also surprise you. I was raised on ethnic food (Slovenian) which use a lot of ingredients that todays kids have never experienced (or heard of), and still enjoy things today like kidney stew, tripe stew, and an assortment of homemade sausages and pickled items. Expose your daughter to everything you enjoy, and you might be surprised at what she will enjoy along with you.

Keep cooking and keep having fun.

Joe

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom