I had a couple of good dishes tonight....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
I did it again! This week, for appetizer specials, I'm serving:

Beef Bourginone (forgive my spelling) with root veggies (carrots and turnips).

Lobster Shiitake Gratin with Warm Soft Asiago Croustades.

I almost sold out of the Bourginone. One table ordered two bowls as appetizers, with one of the Lobster specials. That same table ordered a Bourginone as Entree, along with a few other things. THEN! They ordered another Bourginone after the entrees went out, "On The Fly", as we say. They raved about it.

I only sold 3 or 4 of the Lobster specials. However, everyone that had it loved it!

I heard my Chef saying the Bourginone might just go on the menu the next time they make a menu change.

Congrats Allen!! I have to tell you that I would never have found out how your beef tasted as I wouldn't have been able to go past the lobster!! We're having Aust Rock Lobster (crayfish) for lunch on Christmas Day, but we are just lightly grilling them with a citrus butter (probably lime) and serving them with mixed vegetables in aioli and a garden (or maybe a Greek) salad. Well this is today's plan. Things change very quickly around here!! I think I have a menu mentality! LOL

We sold even more tonight! But, it was flip-flopped. I sold way more of the Lobster than the Beef. However, I got the word that most likely, the Beef Bourginonne will go on the menu the next time we change it.

Congrats Allen! Boeuf a la Bourguignonne, Estouffade de boeuf bourguignonne, Boeuf Bourguignonne, Burgandy Beef ... call it what you may - it's all good, and one of my favorite dishes! However, your use of turnips is something I've never encountered - or even thought of ... but certainly has me curious because I love turnips. Would you care to share your recipe with us?

Back
Top Bottom