I have created a foodie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
My little girl now refuses to eat anything in a Chinese restaurant unless she can use chopsticks like the adults. Can you say "proud papa: :mrgreen:

Attachments

• DSC_003501.jpg
    DSC_003501.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 212
  • DSC_003801.jpg
    DSC_003801.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 172
Now she should coach all those people who have to use the "training chopsticks"!! (In some chinese restaurants I have been to, they had those, with rubberband wrapped around at the end of the sticks with folded papers in between...)

You are raising your daughter right GB... she is eating her vegetables, too!!
Thanks for yet another beautiful Rachel shot!! We never get tired of seeing your PLT!!

Yeah she really does love her veggies. She loves her fruits too. At this meal she also ate tofu which I was happy to see she tried and seemed to like.

GB:

You and your wife are doing the right thing exposing your daughter to a wide variety of foods. Has she had eggs yet?

Her chopstick technique is flawless! That's just how I use them.

Yeah eggs were one of the first solid foods we gave her. The Dr. recommended scrambled eggs as a finger food so she could learn dexterity.

She eats very healthy for the most part. We try to keep the sweets and junk away from her, but with both sets of grandparents living close by that can be a challenge :LOL:

GB, she's adorable! Have you started checking out nunneries yet? :) Oh, and don't ever let her taste a truffle (the 'shroom kind), or your budget will be shot!

GB,
I love seeing children's faces as they expierence the delights of new foods. How big their eyes get and the smiles when they find someting that appeals to them. I have two like that and how I love hearing them say more Ma, more..:LOL: Since I have one I have to sit up and beg , roll over and play dead, beg, plead and bribe to eat veggies and heaven help us even try fruit, seeing your beauty enjoying a wonderful dinner just makes me smile..Great job Gb great job.

kadesma

I have not given her soup yet myself expatgirl, but when my mom was babysitting she gave her some borscht which she loved. The amazing thing is that none of her clothes were red when she came home :LOL:

I've eaten the most amazing borscht in Kazakhstan and I thought that I hated beets. Went online to find a recipe and it was like finding Alice in Wonderland------too many variations depending on the regions--did find something fairly good but not as great as that soup in Uralsk-- Wow--no wonder your granddaughter loved it, however. (Maybe she has some Kazakh or Russian in her) So glad that she didn't come home red--the nutritional analysis on beets is out of this world--be glad that she likes them. They are absolutely awesome in the healthy food department. Go granddaughter! by the way--kids' tastes do change with time--be sure that you keep a diary of what she eats and when so that you can laugh over it 20 years from now when she will flatly deny ever liking beets.

Back
Top Bottom