I love garlic (split)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bob

Chef Extraordinaire
Garlic...Oh how I love it and Evoo..! Garlic warmed in oil adds so much to a dish...just don't burn it..to me it can get quite.."bitter" tasting. Believe me I know...I've burned my share!

Buck and I love garlic and usually use at least 1 large head or more per week. Last night we sliced up some of that yummy N.Y. Times bread, rubbed it generously with the cut sides of a couple of cloves, brushed it with olive oil and lightly grilled it in our cast-iron grill pan. Delish!

We also have a little electric garlic roaster, which does a super job with less time than roasting in the oven. Since our house isn't air-conditioned, I don't hesitate to roast garlic in the summertime with this little helper. Makes it so easy to make garlic mashed potatoes, roasted garlic soup, etc. Love that garlic!!

Uncle Bob said:
Katie...

Bread + olive oil + garlic = "A little bit of Heaven":)

Yum!

Amen to that. We once went to an Italian restuarant that would serve a loaf of warm, crusty rustic bread along with a tub of roasted garlic and a bottle of olive oil. This was served to everyone as soon as you placed your order and we could have made a meal of it. Nothing beats warm bread, roasted garlic and good olive oil.

Back
Top Bottom