I think Emeril is obsessive-compulsive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bangbang said:
I am almost workin up an appetite for Chitterlins,hog maws,and mac&cheese with a bottle of Frank's Redhot Sauce. Won't forget the beer either.

Bang! You are widening your horizons! Wonderful! I definitely will join you. :LOL:

choclatechef said:
Bangbang said:
I am almost workin up an appetite for Chitterlins,hog maws,and mac&cheese with a bottle of Frank's Redhot Sauce. Won't forget the beer either.

Bang! You are widening your horizons! Wonderful! I definitely will join you. :LOL:

I think I would eat that again before Haggis. Yuck :!: :!: :!: I love Soul Food but still have trouble with the mac and cheese and chitterlins. Bet you won't catch Emeril makin chitterlins. :LOL:

choclatechef said:
Bangbang said:

Hog maws (Pigs Stomach)

1. Wash inside and outside of hog maws with cold running water.

2. Pierce hog maws with fork for penetration of cooking flavor.

3. Crush the star anise, add to pot with wine, celery root, and enough water to cover hog maws.

4. Bring to boil, lower flame and simmer covered until hog maws are tender, approximately one hour.

5. When hog maws are tender (easily pierced with fork), add a big spoon (such as the big ladle-thing that came with your wok set) of soy sauce, stir, remove from flame and cover.

6. Serve when cool, cut up into bite-size pieces

Bangbang makes a few Pig Stomach Bombs.

Cut it out boys....I have lau laus and I know how to use em.

img_62138_0_6a3e8b56948442fccf947fc39efa07b9.gif

wasabi said:
Cut it out boys....I have lau laus and I know how to use em.

It's extremely cold here in MN and you have me eroticized. Can you you tell me what lau laus are, or is that beyond the scope of this family channel? I do have PM if that's the case. :LOL:

Otter, a lau lau is salted butterfish, pork and chicken wrapped in layers of taro leaves and ti leaves and steamed.

INGREDIENTS:

* 1/2 pound salt butterfish, rinsed several times to remove excess salt
* 1/2 pound pork butt, cut into 1 inch cubes
* 4 boneless chicken thighs
* 1 tablespoon Hawaiian sea salt
* 8 leaves ti leaves
* 1 pound taro leaves

DIRECTIONS:

1. Season fish, pork and chicken with Hawaiian sea salt. Place 2 ti leaves in an X on a flat surface for each of the 4 servings.
2. Place 1/4 of each of the fish, pork and chicken onto the center of 3 or 4 taro leaves. Wrap securely with the taro leaves, then place each wrap on a set of ti leaves. Tie the ends of the ti leaves together with a piece of string.
3. Place the bundles in a large steamer, and steam for 3 to 4 hours.

Back
Top Bottom