Ides of March - What are you having for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Katie!
waving2.gif

I don't have any idea. We are going over to my BF's aunt's house for dinner to celebrate his birthday, which was yesterday. I'll let ya know later.

I am hoping to do an Irish boiled dinner but I found out the corned beef I bought yesterday (I am cheating with a boil in bag type - they are really good) is expired so it depends if I can get to the store to get another one. Since we eat our big meal at 1 pm and it is 10:30 right now, I have to hustle!

If I don't do it today I will do it for sure on Tuesday. Considering it is the "Ides" maybe I should just do a big Caesar Salad!

Last edited:
Curried red lentil stew with
tomato, zucchini, mushrooms, cabbage
seasoned with cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, garlic,
coriander, cumin, Javin curry powder and thickened
with Bulgar wheat.

Sunday dinner was Chied Fricken, Smashed Tators, Gravy/Butter, Pink-eye Purple Hulls, Squash casserole, Cornbread muffins, and Coconut Pie....Supper tonight will be a Killer pimento & cheese spread I made yesterday morning...It should be "ripe" by tonight.......

Sunday dinner was Chied Fricken, Smashed Tators, Gravy/Butter, Pink-eye Purple Hulls, Squash casserole, Cornbread muffins, and Coconut Pie....Supper tonight will be a Killer pimento & cheese spread I made yesterday morning...It should be "ripe" by tonight.......

Oh, Uncle Bob, I love pimiento and cheese spread. How do you make yours? Please share your recipe.

We're going Chinese tonight. Market had a terrific sale on nice large wild-caught Gulf shrimp, so I'm making "Shrimp with Lobster Sauce" over Jasmine Rice.

Oh, Uncle Bob, I love pimiento and cheese spread. How do you make yours? Please share your recipe.
'

I wing-it every time Miss Katie....This one was...and I'm guessing...

2 Cups Grated Extra Sharp Cheddar...
1 Cup Pepper Jack...
1 8 oz Cup Sour Cream.....
4 Oz Jar Pimento....
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder.....

Mix and let it "ripen" (garlic) for 24 hours...

Enjoy!

PS....Nope --- No Mayo!
PSS....Makes a killer "Grilled Cheese";)

'

I wing-it every time Miss Katie....This one was...and I'm guessing...

2 Cups Grated Extra Sharp Cheddar...
1 Cup Pepper Jack...
1 8 oz Cup Sour Cream.....
4 Oz Jar Pimento....
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder.....

Mix and let it "ripen" (garlic) for 24 hours...

Enjoy!

PS....Nope --- No Mayo!
PSS....Makes a killer "Grilled Cheese";)

Sounds devine.

Do you drain the pimiento?

Well, it started to snow so I didn't get out to exchange the corned beef so we will have it on St. Patty's day. Instead we had my version of those muffin egg sandwiches from a certain burger joint - only I use my homemade sausage patties. I made my own hashbrowns too!

Supper will be whatever Dad and I feel like at the time.

What the devil are "pink eyed purple hulls"?

• Meatloaf with Sage (from Marcia Adams' Heirloom Recipes)
  • Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
  • Baby Green Peas
  • 2004 Mondavi Oakville Cabernet
  • Toasted Buttermilk Pound Cake with Vanilla & Caramel Ice Cream

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom