Ides of May Dinner - 5-15-2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Thai Peanut Chicken is really good stuff! The snow peas and radishes (both raw) really make this dish pop...Thank you, CG!
You're very welcome, tenspeed! I had tossed the snow peas into the pot about halfway through the cooking time, but I did eye the extras (that are still sitting in my veggie drawer) as additions to the raw bar. Ended up saying "eh, no". Next time I'll be sure to include them for raw garnish.

...I've been meaning to try and re-create my moms simple salmon loaf...Melted Cheddar cheese sauce to pour on top was crucial. ;)
My Mom made a good one from canned salmon, too. She always made a creamed pea sauce. Loved that sauce on the salmon. :yum:

I had an abundance of milk in the fridge, so I made a casserole of mac-and-cheese (half applewood smoked cheddar/half smoked gouda). We had that with a small ham steak and about 1 1/3 pounds of fresh green beans simmered with the ham. When I do a smoked pork meat and green beans together, it's ALWAYS about the beans! :yum: ~~~ A berry bowl to split later, with a dab of quality ice cream.

Attachments

• 2016-05-15 21.13.24.jpg
    2016-05-15 21.13.24.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 2016-05-15 21.12.52.jpg
    2016-05-15 21.12.52.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 115
I was photographing, pricing, and listing miniature wicker pieces all day so I didn't want to cook when I was finally finished. So tonight I had a turkey sandwich with bacon and cheddar cheese.

Craig roasted a gorgeous whole chicken, with fresh sage butter. I made sides of a potato, fennel gratin with gruyere cheese and home grown swiss chard sauteed with sliced garlic and red pepper flakes. We have some huge beautiful strawberries for dessert either chocolate dipped or with balsamic TBD.

That sounds lovely. I think gruyere cheese is my favourite melting cheese.

You're very welcome, tenspeed! I had tossed the snow peas into the pot about halfway through the cooking time, but I did eye the extras (that are still sitting in my veggie drawer) as additions to the raw bar. Ended up saying "eh, no". Next time I'll be sure to include them for raw garnish.

My Mom made a good one from canned salmon, too. She always made a creamed pea sauce. Loved that sauce on the salmon. :yum:

I had an abundance of milk in the fridge, so I made a casserole of mac-and-cheese (half applewood smoked cheddar/half smoked gouda). We had that with a small ham steak and about 1 1/3 pounds of fresh green beans simmered with the ham. When I do a smoked pork meat and green beans together, it's ALWAYS about the beans! :yum: ~~~ A berry bowl to split later, with a dab of quality ice cream.

Looks very tasty.

Made paella de valenciana. I have a recipe from my spanish valencian friend if any body would like it. So much wrong is done to the paella. It really is so good.y

jv5em8.jpg

I did some flat iron steak on a ribbed cast iron griddle last night using the multi-flip method and they came out perfect, medium rare, to my liking.
But of course, I had to keep the griddle hot as my wife and friend had to take their sliced portions to charred beyond recognition.

Back
Top Bottom