if you could have anything to eat right now...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Barbara L said:
Canteen in Alley and Maidrite are sandwich shops that sell loose meat sandwiches (called, obviously, a canteen and a maidrite). Loose meat is ground beef that is cooked in a steamer. It breaks up like you would cook it for a sloppy joe, but there is no sauce added to it. The fat all drains out of it, and the steam keeps it juicy. I don't care for Maidrites (even though I love the one I am married to!), but I love Canteens.

:) Barbara
Thanks Barb,
sounds like a good sandwich..I think i'd like the canteen as well...
kadesma

Barbara L said:
Canteen in Alley and Maidrite are sandwich shops that sell loose meat sandwiches (called, obviously, a canteen and a maidrite). Loose meat is ground beef that is cooked in a steamer. It breaks up like you would cook it for a sloppy joe, but there is no sauce added to it. The fat all drains out of it, and the steam keeps it juicy. I don't care for Maidrites (even though I love the one I am married to!), but I love Canteens.

:) Barbara

Sounds like a Nu-Way?

What I wouldn't give for a hot fudge brownie sundae right now!!!
Or, maybe banana bread pudding with vanilla sauce....
or even a slice of new york cheesecake........

I'm having a sugar attack.

mmmm mighty taco! lol the best taco place ever!!! ahh man i have a craving for it now. they close @ 2:00. shoot im 20 minutes late! oh well better for an after work dinner . . .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom