I'm in a cooking rut.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Z

Head Chef
For the past couple of months it seems I haven't been able to muster any real creativity in the kitchen... I've been off the fresh fruits and veggies... been eating out more and, when I do eat in, it's something like frozen chicken nuggets or some other 'easy fix'.

My health is fine. Maybe I just need some kind of creative shot in the arm. I'm not lazy and I do cook well...

Does anyone else get into cooking ruts? Any ideas on how to break out?

I get that way too. I get back into it when I find recipes that I haven't tried or ones that are just a little off from ones that I really like.

texasgirl said:
I get that way too. I get back into it when I find recipes that I haven't tried or ones that are just a little off from ones that I really like.

I'm thinking I might need to schedule a party or something to kick myself in the pants.

jkath said:
Buy a big bag of ice, some fresh fruit and go crazy with your blender.

Sounds festive.... I'm listening... (and I like tex's idea to add a little adult beverage to it)

Ah! That's it! Check the appetizer forum and plan on making 4 different ones. Then, invite your friends for poker night (or movie night or whatever).

jkath said:
Ah! That's it! Check the appetizer forum and plan on making 4 different ones. Then, invite your friends for poker night (or movie night or whatever).

Well... hmmm.... I AM going to a concert in the park on Saturday and to my cousin's place before it for a BBQ... He's doing the 'beast', but maybe I can do something to go along with it...

(and I haven't ruled out the fruit 'n ice thing yet, either)

I guess I just needed an 'occasion'.

Thanks.

I think I might plan a 'special' dinner for my girlfriend and me, too. I guess having an EVENT of some kind to prepare for gives me the pressure and creative juices I need. I suppose I've just been complacent lately (in terms of planning special things).

I'll call my cousin-in-law and ask her what part of the meal she doesn't have completely covered yet and go from there.

There you go!
Then, find out what needs to be made, ask us, choose the best one and take all the credit when everyone raves over your cooking!

jkath said:
There you go!
Then, find out what needs to be made, ask us, choose the best one and take all the credit when everyone raves over your cooking!

Ahhhhh.... I think I'm feeling better already. :mrgreen:

Wonder what you're gonna make.....

(PS - I'm coming out to your neck of the woods again July 4th week...should be nice and cold out eh?)

um YEAH!
I still have my little margaritaville parrot for my antannae, only he hangs out in my house because too many people wanted him.

Back
Top Bottom