I'm making dinner Tues tonight! 11/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're going to Michigan tomorrow for about a week to visit my in-laws and cook for my FIL (my MIL is in a nursing home), so I made about a gallon of lasagna sauce yesterday to take with us (not all of it ;)). I kept a pint out of the freezer, made rotini and mixed them together. I also made salads and no-knead bread.

Attachments

• 1479261311039.jpg
    1479261311039.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 153
Quiche no crust, buttered pie pan, chopped green onion, chopped ham, mixture of swiss cheese, 7 eggs, 1 C cream, S&P, 40 minutes. Let it rest for 10 minutes. mmmmmmm

Home made split pea soup with carrots, onions, a little celery, and some ham I found in the freezer. A corn muffin on the side, from a Jiffy mix. :)

Last edited:
Olive Cheese Melts - then I defrosted and started to heat up some Leek & Pear Soup. Got distracted so I guess it will be breakfast or lunch tomorrow.

THEY ARE COMING THURSDAY
AROUND 1300 HOURS
TO FIX MY OVEN​

Be still my beating heart! It has been more than a month.

We met up with Himself's cousin and his wife at their local Ruby Tuesday . Good Lord, I can hardly wait until I get to cook again. The company was much better than the food , which was...adequate.

I brined and browned a couple of thick boneless pork chops and finished them simmering in a sauce of shallots/wine/Dijon mustard/heavy cream with fresh thyme. Mine was served over wilted spinach, and his over mashed potatoes. Glorified salads were on the side.

Last edited:
Dad was out hunting "wild cow" all day. I asked Mom what she wanted for supper--her choices were homemade chicken soup with dumplings, a burger, or venison tenderloin. Her choice--the tenderloin. We went with the tenderloin.

I have a couple of venison hearts to "deal with" tomorrow while Dad is out hunting again. I am thinking of cooking them with pickling spice and then smoking them (stovetop smoker) using plum wood chips. Should I cook them first and then smoke, or smoke first?

I am making Scandinavian pumpernickel bread to make heart sandwiches. I have this craving for smoked venison heart. Just can't decide if I should smoke first and then finish, or cook them in the pressure cooker first and then smoke. Any thoughts on that? The tenderloin, btw, was excellent. Love "wild cow."

Craig made Scramburgers. Sides were some of Aunt L's slaw made previously and smushed new potatoes.

CSW - this is coming from someone who has never smoked a thing in her life - (other than horrid accidental disasters) but I should think you would want to smoke first while the meat is still 'open' . Would not the smoke flavouring penetrate deeper that way?

We met up with Himself's cousin and his wife at their local Ruby Tuesday . Good Lord, I can hardly wait until I get to cook again. The company was much better than the food , which was...adequate.

I can't stand eating out anymore. Everytime I go out, I'm thinking of how I can make this better at home. It drives DH crazy. :LOL:

I can't stand eating out anymore. Everytime I go out, I'm thinking of how I can make this better at home. It drives DH crazy. :LOL:

Agree 100% - if I must go out I try to get something I wouldn't or can't make at home. Something I've never had and want to see if I like it enough to even try.

And add in the part about how you can make cheaper, too! I'll tell Himself "I could have made us X servings for what one of our dinners cost". ?

I don't mind paying for quality, but I'm annoyed when a meal is just ok.

ME TOO!
When we go out to eat, I ALWAYS order what I don't make at home, or something I've been wanting to try at home.
Now DH n the other hand, orders only what he knows, he's not very adventurous when it comes to food.
DH: EWWWW, what's that?
moi: escargot
DH: WHAT?!
moi: snails in garlic butter, try it, it's delicious!
DH: EEWWWWWWW, NO!
:LOL:

The exact reason I never order seafood at a restaurant. We are also at the point, restaurant wise, that we save up to go to a great place for dinner, going out very few times a year. Don't mind paying for great food and service.;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom