Indigenous Peoples' Day ~ 10/12/20 ~ What's At Your Luau?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A truly STORMY Monday today .....
Had a little help in the kitchen today ; Thank
you, Mrs. Paul !!

Air Fryer Fish (Haddock ?) Fillets, Cheddar Mac, Stewed tomatoes, Steamed Brussels Sprouts........ and a Salad ...

Fish Filets, Mrs. Paul's.jpg

i made BS thighs and breast tenders. Quick seared and into the oven for a bit.
Note to self. A bit of time is not as long and boneless get done a lot quicker than bone- in. Caught that hiccup in time, so all were good. Cream gravy on mashers and buttered corn. Still warm and melty chocolate chip cookies and decaf for afters.

I’m having a soup my mom used to make with ground beef, onion, garlic and mint and topped with yogurt.

Stromboli with onions, red bells, garlic slices, pepperoni, Italian sausage, moz, provolone and Parm R. Craig slathered the 1 on his plate with marinara and saying it looked like a hot mess is an understatement, so the picture is 1 on the baking sheet.

My Calzone is ricotta, moz, Parm R and spinach.

Attachments

• 2020-10-12 18.27.41.jpg
    2020-10-12 18.27.41.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 2020-10-12 18.27.06.jpg
    2020-10-12 18.27.06.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 67
Today is Frank's birthday! For dinner, grilled steak, lobster tail, loaded baked potato, and salad. For dessert is chocolate cake with chocolate icing. A bit nervous about the cake. I'm not a baker, and I made it from scratch. The kitchen was a mess and the cake is very lopsided, so I hope it is yummy!

Attachments

• 2020-10-12 15.01.15.jpg
    2020-10-12 15.01.15.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20201012_182347.jpg
    IMG_20201012_182347.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 71
Today is Frank's birthday! For dinner, grilled steak, lobster tail, loaded baked potato, and salad. For dessert is chocolate cake with chocolate icing. A bit nervous about the cake. I'm not a baker, and I made it from scratch. The kitchen was a mess and the cake is very lopsided, so I hope it is yummy!

WOW Kathleen!
I think you did a super job, and I'll bet that the cake is delish!

Stirling is having a gout flare, so we are skipping the planned Thanksgiving supper for now. We were going to have a country omelette and toast, but I got another migraine (with aura and mild headache). So, Stirling had some store bought cheese tortellini with Classico roasted garlic and onion tomato sauce. I had some of the sausage and bean soup from the other day.

My plan was to cook some chicken, mushroom, yellow bells and onion kebabs on the grill. But, the chicken I moved to the fridge last night was still frozen solid. So, it may have to wait until tomorrow.

I had a Prime NY Strip (medium rare, of course) and a baked potato last night, so I can just graze tonight.

CD

Great looking Birthday dinner!! [emoji106][emoji106]

My birthday is in December. Can you make me a dinner like that?

And please wish Frank a Happy Birthday for me!!

View attachment 43397

This is what I WISH we were having for dinner!!!
A full blown Hawaiian FEAST!

But that is not to be, and I have no clue what I'm serving tonight ...
How`z`bout you?

Well, there was no way that I was going to make the above meal here
In The Middle Of The Desert,
but what I did make was a Hawaii-Style Cold Somen Noodle Salad,
ONO (that's delicious in Hawaiian ;)) !!!

IMG_6463.jpg

IMG_6464.jpg

https://mykitcheninthemiddleofthedesert.wordpress.com/2019/06/21/auntie-donis-somen-salad/

I'll need to re-do this post, I missed the step of rinsing the noodles under cold water once cooked... I used a different brand of Somen, and it did not mention that step, so ...

Just want to say Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends!

I made a recipe from one of my favorite murder mystery writers, Diane Mott Davidson. It's The Whole Enchilada Pie recipe, but I made only half a recipe worth. Besides topping with lettuce (among other things) I put it on a bed of lettuce so we had more veggies.

IMG_20201012_204824975.jpg

Happy Birthday to Frank. Lovely meal. :)

and.... Lopsided cakes, at least in my house, are as delicious as straight ones. :yum: :LOL:

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom