Is anyone cooking a Valentine's Day dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just back from one of our fave breakfast joints so, as we don't eat more than one large meal a day, I think snacking will be our dinner tonight..

Hmmm... Maybe I'll cut hearts out of cheese and salami.. ;)

Ross

I bought duck breast! So excited to cook it and eat it!!!

Anyone else?

Hey Sara, WELCOME!!!!!!!

I think DH is cooking some chicken thighs that didn't get cooked last night. (too late) If he does, I will be posting that later. (be on the lookout for that Chief) lol

Never had duck. Please let us know how it turns out.

Pics or it didn’t happen people. Will check back later on this thread :)
Not sure myself about tonight...

You'll have to ask your friendly Kroger bakery. I picked it up on Tuesday on a whim and because it was on super special. I rarely buy any baked goods but this was about the cost of a box of cake mix.

I suspect it's some sort of pound cake that has boxed pudding (just the dry pudding), along with sour cream.

It's quite delicious.

You could probably find many recipes if you do an 'net search.

Last edited:
39817-albums1064-picture8163.jpg
[/IMG]

We've learned that it's best not to go out on Valentine's Day. Every place is packed, servers are rushed, food is often just so-so. So we stay in.

I'm thinking I'll make breaded baked fish spread with a mixture of mayo, homemade Dijon-style grainy mustard, preserved lemon and some Penzeys blend, rice pilaf with parsley from the garden, and green beans.

We will be having Shrimp Scampi, with corn on th cob. For desert, I made an extra-thick yellow cake ix and poured half of it into a buttered rectangular cake pan. i then spread cherry pie filling on top, and then a 2nc layer of the cake mix. I;ll be making up Chantilly cream to go with the desert.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Not that I have a significant other at the moment but last time I made a dish to impress, it was shrimp and artichoke angel hair pasta.

Tomato concasse(you could use diced, I can't stand the skin)
Shrimp
Artichokes, I used canned.
Garlic
Olive oil
Basil
Onion salt
Oregano

Saute up the tomatoes in olive oil, add artichokes and seasoning. Mostly even onion salt to basil, a touch of oregano, couple small cloves of garlic. Add shrimp towards the end and fully cook. Toss in fresh frozen cooked angel hair and toss.

Serve in pasta bowl. Pull shrimp and artichokes to the top for presentation. Garnish w some fresh minced parsley.

You'll have to ask your friendly Kroger bakery. I picked it up on Tuesday on a whim and because it was on super special. I rarely buy any baked goods but this was about the cost of a box of cake mix.

I suspect it's some sort of pound cake that has boxed pudding (just the dry pudding), along with sour cream.

It's quite delicious.

You could probably find many recipes if you do an 'net search.

Ah ha... I thought it might be one of your wonderful recipes.. :yum:
I have seen a few of those recipes online before..

Thank you... :)

Ross

We had homemade chicken/vegetable/noodle soup and Paul/Recipes Make Magic's Chocolate torte. Both are/were Terrific. We had small slices chocolate at lunch time/ and you would have too.

/ Slashes seem separative except they are meant as inclusive
//Happy Valentine's Day Everyone.

I made the desert I said I was going to make and it came out so very rich and good. Jere's how I made it.

1 box mix Krusteaze gluten-free yellow cakeix
3 large eggs
12/ cupp salted butter
18 oz. Cherry pie filling
3/4 cup whole milk

Melt butter and let cool slightly. Whisk in eggs until smooth
Whisk in milk. Add cake mix and whisk gently to make batter.

Line 9 X 9 rectangular cake pan with foil. Butter and flour completely. Add 1/2of the cake mix to the pan and spread evenly. Top the thick batter with the cherry pie filling, and spread evenly
Spoon the remaining batter carefully on top to completely cover.

Place cake in a 350' F. oven and bake for 50 Minutes. Temove from oven and let cool for an hour. Servw with whipped cream, or French-vanilla ice cream.

The top is slighly crispy with a tender, moist crumb. The cherries work great and stay sandwiche between cake layers.

You can use any pie filling, or fresh fruit of your choice, even pumpkin custard. This is a new favorite.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Is this the Dinner Thread ?? -- Hope So !

.....Lost my Valentine a year and a half ago, s0 .......Brown Dinner !
Air-Fried Chicken fingers, Onion Rings, Roasted Sweet Potato, Cut Green Beans, Salad, of course ...

Chicken Fingers.jpg

Chicken with prosciutto and gruyere under the roasted red bell, with more gruyere on top. Craig made a pan sauce with drippings, white wine and chix broth. Roasted potatoes for a side. Dove dark chocolates and amaretto for dessert!

Attachments

• 2020-02-14 18.26.31.jpg
    2020-02-14 18.26.31.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom