Is your dinner Nice? Thur, July 21, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Nicoise salad. Used all the oil out of the cans to make the dressing this time. Eyes bigger than plate again so Craig got the rest of my tuna and 2-3 egg pieces.

37240-albums1042-picture6589.jpg

Hmmm? Fresh produce is IN!! This is the only time of the year I would even remotely consider vegetarianism. Not. I'm too much of a carnivore. However, having said that...

Supper tonight included fresh homemade coleslaw, tomato wedges, cucumber spears, stuffed bell peppers, iced tea and, to finish off, chilled watermelon.

Except for the baked bell peppers, everything was nice and cold/cool. Good thing, too. We've had triple digit temperatures all week, with more coming. No predicted end until early next week.

Family is here. All three sisters, and spouses, will be here for dinner tonight. Am having lasagna, of all things!, but that is what the cook had a hankering for. Also garlic bread, garden peas, and key lime pie for dessert. I am so happy to have my sisters' here.

Medtran, looks really good.

Katie, your dinner sounds wonderful. I need to do something with my bell peppers tomorrow.

Not feeling great today, so we're ordering pizza.

Looks good, Medtran!

Meat here. Sirloin Tip Roast, to be exact, and spicy chopped turnip greens with bacon and habanero. There was so much left I think I can safely say this will be Friday and Saturday's dinner, too! :rolleyes:

img_1473534_0_62abf9c75fac51ba871b57d90da75106.jpg

We just found out our neighbors are vegan. She brought us some empanadas last night with a sauce I want to steal for the dumpling challenge, although I could definitely steal all her recipes, never had vegan empanadas before and they were great!

It's too hot to cook here, so I can't decide if I want to wait till 10pm to make chicken caprese again, or just throw refried beans into the oven to heat up and have a couple tostadas instead.

We had tacos tonight. I used the leftover pork from the other night and mixed up some taco seasoning.

Outstanding plates tonight! I had a late afternoon Dr. appointment so we headed for the beach and had fish and chips/salad. Yummy..watching the waves and cooling off.

I had 2 large porterhouse steaks. Each was about 1.3 pounds (20 ounces), so I was torn whether to cook both or just cook one (there are 3 of us). I just decided to cook 1 and save the other for another day.

I patted it dry, rubbed some olive oil on both sides, and put a liberal amount of sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Cooked to medium on my charcoal grill with some wood lump charcoal. I had put the baked potatoes on the grille 45 minutes before I put the steak on. Also I cooked some peas on the grill, too. No pans used/dirtied.

Sounds good, jd. :)

As always, everyone's dinners sound wonderful...and great pics.

I ended up with a grilled cheese and tomato on whole wheat, with watermelon and mango on the side. :ermm: Had the little man all day and wanted something easy. :)

It was so darned hot, we grilled steak and I made an oil and vinegar potato salad with baby potatoes a neighbour dropped off. Also steamed edible pea pods that the neighbour brought over as well. Wish Mom would've eaten more of the steak.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom