ISO Christmas Breakfast ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chave982

Senior Cook
I couldn't find a breakfast forum, so posting here...
I'm going to be visiting my mother and her new husband for Christmas this year, and they said I can spend the night if I promise to cook them an awesome breakfast for Christmas morning...any ideas?

It will be me, my mom and her husband, and 2 kids (ages 6 and 10). They are generally pretty conservative in their eating habits...nothing to exotic or "weird"...mostly meat and potatoes kinda folks.

Eggs benedict fits the bill. (we always had donuts for Christmas breakfast because it was fast and the kids could get to the gifts sooner).

Eggs benedict fits the bill. (we always had donuts for Christmas breakfast because it was fast and the kids could get to the gifts sooner).

I would love Eggs Benedict, but, to be honest, that would by way too "fancy" for these folks. To give you more of a hint of their tastes, they are definetely rednecks :rolleyes: lol...

We've always loved French toast, and I found an interesting variation that makes sandwiches of it with Orange Marmalade, or other yummy preserves. I think that's what we'll be having, along with platters of bacon and breakfast sausage. :chef:

that would by way too "fancy" for these folks. To give you more of a hint of their tastes, they are definetely rednecks

In THAT case, how about ham and eggs with biscuits and red-eye gravy? :pig:

This is always a hit - especially with the kids: Roller Coaster Breakfast

We usually do just that traditional egg casserole and Pepperidge Farm ham and swiss rolls. What I love about this whole breakfast is everything is made the night before except the big pancake and then that's done in the oven!

This is always a hit - especially with the kids: Roller Coaster Breakfast

We usually do just that traditional egg casserole and Pepperidge Farm ham and swiss rolls. What I love about this whole breakfast is everything is made the night before except the big pancake and then that's done in the oven!

That sounds really interesting. I'm trying to picture what it would look like, but can't. Do you have a photo? Also, what causes the "waving" of it in the oven?

That sounds really interesting. I'm trying to picture what it would look like, but can't. Do you have a photo? Also, what causes the "waving" of it in the oven?
That recipe sounds very much like a baked pancake (German or Danish in style). That would be why it ends up slooking kinda like a "roller coaster" or wavy on top.

This is almost the one I used last year, except only 4 eggs.
Apple Raisin French Toast Strata - Allrecipes

Go to any recipe website and there are tons of breakfast casseroles and stratas, both sweet and savory, that are great for a holiday morning. I stay up with my husband Christams eve and after the presents are under the tree we hang out in the kitchen and make this (well I make it, he harasses me), then I can spend time hanging out playing toys with the kids and breakfast is cooking away. It's really become one of my favorite parts of Christmas.

In THAT case, how about ham and eggs with biscuits and red-eye gravy? :pig:
What's "red-eye gravy"???

I would go for biscuits and gravy if you are going salty. French toast using texas toast style bread if you are going sweet. Scrambled eggs on a large scale are easy too. You can scramble up the eggs and let them top them with cheese or green onions or salsa. Make a scrambled egg bar out of it.

I sometimes make a "Wife Saver's Breakfast". Layers of bread, ham,cheese, topped with a custard. You can add onion, peppers, etc. Make it the night before, pop in the oven in the morning. I'd be going for the Eggs Benedict !

I want to try this- sry don't know how to send a link after upteen tries.
Easy Breakfast Casserole

Recipe #38065
177 ratings have to google sorry! I make a casserole like this every Christmas eve, for the morning - then just pop it in the oven. Easy and yummy !

Last edited:
simple here, the Bacon that was on the Turkey whilst roasting comes off and gets put on fresh bread, THAT is the traditional Christmas Breakfast here.

Kadesma mentioned her pancetta bisciuts in another thread. I think using them as the bread for Eggs Benedict would be great. Off to try and find the recipe!

Cinnamon buns? Not exactly the healthiest breakfast, but you can make them the night before and the house will smell amazing while they're baking. If I did that I'd probably have something simple like scrambled eggs and sausage for people to choose from as well.

Back
Top Bottom