ISO Interesting and/or new ingredient inspiration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Phyllo dough. I just bought it, and haven't made anything with it yet. I kept seeing recipes that use it, so I looked for it the last time I went shopping. I'd never seen it before. I think it's a pastry dough in thin sheets. Anybody ever work with it?

I made something similar to these for a Greek-themed party once: Tyropitakia - Cheese Pie Triangles Recipe - Greek Food

I used spinach and feta, like in spanakopita. Turned out great :) You can make a bunch and freeze some, then thaw and bake. Keep the sheets you're not working with under a damp kitchen towel, so they don't dry out.

What interesting or new ingredients have you recently bought or cooked with? I submitte a post a few weeks ago about quinoa and since then I have devised quite an asortment of salad recipes & even hubbie loves it which surprised him. I want to discover some new things to cook with - can you please give me inspiration? Thank you:angel:

I bought some sriracha sauce a while back - I want to get more comfortable making Thai curries. And I went to a Chinese grocery store Saturday and got a can of lychees, among some other things. And an International Grocery Store, connected to a Caribbean restaurant, where I got some tamarind (for the Thai) and a couple eddo, aka taro. They said to use it like a potato.

Last edited:
blissful-your recipe sounds great:chef:I love baclava but find myself eating it only once a year at our local Greek Festival...I shall try yours-Thankx.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom