It might be Tuesday 11/29 What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
Still loving the Thanksgiving leftovers here. Another fresh spinach salad, roasted turkey, mashed potatoes/gravy and cranberry relish. I even have a turkey thawing in the frig to do this all over again next week.

What are you looking at for dinner?

I made curried coconut cauliflower soup. TB had a patty melt and I had a regular grilled cheese sandwich!

Great food for rainy days!

Mom, Andy's copying me again!!!! Tell him to stop.

Actually, boiled hot dogs here. Not grilled. And steamed buns, not toasted.
Chopped vidalia, brown mustard, sides of Pringles chips and Kosher dill pickles.

Quick turkey soup tonight with the last of the leftovers, inspired by Janet. I used the last remaining turkey thigh, and it turned out great in spite of only boxed TJ's turkey stock and leftover gravy/and mashed spuds with fresh carrots/celery/peas/pearl onions and garden chives. A Tbs. of soy sauce worked wonders in addition to other seasonings.
SC wanted to know if I could do it again...:LOL:

When I grocery shopped yesterday, I found out that the ad was wrong: what was supposed to be rainbow trout fillets at $4.99 turned out to be the whole fish. Suddenly, it wasn't such a good deal. :ermm: Not wanting to wrestle the whole fish, I scanned the meat cases for a deal. Hmm, nice quality turkey breast steaks with a "use by" date of today, regularly $5.69 a pound, for $2.99?
Winner!

I took those beauties, breaded them up with sage/s/p almond meal, sauteed them in half olive oil/half butter. Use the drippings to make a sauce with a bit more butter, fresh parley, and a few pieces of my homemade preserved lemons. Would have added a bit of white wine too, but I seem to be out...:whistling:

Started out with salads, then I served the turkey and sauce over farfalline and added a pile of steamed broccoli. Himself said it was "really good"!

Attachments

• 2016-11-29 22.18.52.jpg
    2016-11-29 22.18.52.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 122
That looks really good, too, CG!

I ran out of spoons this afternoon, so we got takeout from a new barbecue restaurant that took over a neighborhood bar. I had a pulled pork sandwich with cole slaw and baked beans and DH had a burger with pulled pork and fries. It was okay. Not as good as homemade, but it will do when I'm not up to cooking.

Thanks for the compliments BT and GG! I'm surprised how good things taste when I just toss stuff together. :LOL:

Lol, you ran out of spoons?
It's an expression/description of running out of energy before running out of work/day. It's a way that people with chronic conditions can describe to healthy, energetic people what it takes to make it through the day.

The Spoon Theory

I actually live the Spoon Theory though I don't actually count spoons but it's all about channeling your resources to the right tasks. Like I made a fabulous dinner so I am too tired to clean up after...

Hamburger stroganoff with spaetzle because we forgot to buy noodles when we shopped, and we didn't feel like going back to the store again.

I actually live the Spoon Theory though I don't actually count spoons but it's all about channeling your resources to the right tasks. Like I made a fabulous dinner so I am too tired to clean up after...

I don't think anybody actually counts spoons - that was just for illustration - but we sure know when they're getting low, eh, LP? ;)

Back
Top Bottom