It must be Tuesday, Oct. 28, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
Still on my third cup of coffee....

but dinner is planned. I am having all my sisters over with their spouses, both of them..

baked chicken, roasted asparagus, mashed potatoes with cheese and chiles, THE pound cake with sliced strawberries and one BIL and I will sip some single malt;).

What are you fixing?

Feeding from the freezer. I have some pseudo al pastor pork in the freezer that I'm defrosting for tacos tonight with toppings.

We are finally starting to feel better from this awful flu bug and have some appetite.

TB will be having a small steak with a baked potato and salad. I will have a portabella grilled with salad of kale, butternut squash and pomegranate.

Some friends invited us to their new house for dinner, so we're going over there. I saw it when it was empty, while they were having some work done, so I'm looking forward to seeing how they've fixed it up.

I'm trying something new tonight. We're having a dish called Shakshuka, which is of Middle Eastern origin. Essentially it consists of poached eggs in a tomato sauce.

The recipe can be found here:
Shakshuka - Recipe for Delicious Middle Eastern Egg Dish

Shakshuka-Side-View-2-640x480.jpg

That does look fantastic, Steve! :yum:

I threw together a concoction of unlabeled beans I found in the freezer which weren't great on their own, a bag of Spanish rice I didn't care for after making it but froze it anyway (Pioneer Woman recipe), some leftover cherry tomato soup that was good, some V-8, mixed veggies and fresh frozen corn. Heated and garnished with shredded cheddar and crushed Tostitos, it was really good! Glad I didn't just pitch the ingredients I didn't initially care for, together they made some great soup.

Last edited:
not sure about dinner yet. but the appy was cabot seriously sharp cheddar on crackers with minced raw onions and brown mustard, and green grapes on the side.

Thanks Andy. It took me two shots tonight. At first I pan fried it and used a meat thermometer, but it seemed like it wasn't done, even though the reading said med rare. So, I put it in the oven on broil to finish it. I should have just used my instinct first. But, luckily, it turned out fine...

I'm trying something new tonight. We're having a dish called Shakshuka, which is of Middle Eastern origin. Essentially it consists of poached eggs in a tomato sauce.

The recipe can be found here:
Shakshuka - Recipe for Delicious Middle Eastern Egg Dish

Shakshuka-Side-View-2-640x480.jpg

Looks wonderful Steve. It reminds me of one of our favorite breakfasts..eggs poached in my Chili Verde.

That does look fantastic, Steve! :yum:

I threw together a concoction of unlabeled beans I found in the freezer which weren't great on their own, a bag of Spanish rice I didn't care for after making it but froze it anyway (Pioneer Woman recipe), some leftover cherry tomato soup that was good, some V-8, mixed veggies and fresh frozen corn. Heated and garnished with shredded cheddar and crushed Tostitos, it was really good! Glad I didn't just pitch the ingredients I didn't initially care for, together they made some great soup.

Don't you just love it when a dinner comes together like that Dawg? It's like free food!

I didn't have enough of last nite's leftovers to feed both of us, so I plopped the "fried cabbage, potato, onion, sausage" over some Top Ramen noodles with broth. Pretty darn good!

Looks wonderful Steve. It reminds me of one of our favorite breakfasts..eggs poached in my Chili Verde.

Don't you just love it when a dinner comes together like that Dawg? It's like free food!

I didn't have enough of last nite's leftovers to feed both of us, so I plopped the "fried cabbage, potato, onion, sausage" over some Top Ramen noodles with broth. Pretty darn good!

Exactly, Kayelle! I hate to waste food. Sounds like you came up with some good stuff too!

Aunt Bea, I think it's the same thing. Eggs in Purgatory is definitely easier to pronounce, though. Shakshuka sounds like something Klingons would eat. :LOL:
I figured it might be a Middle-Eastern pop singer, like Shakira from Colombia.

In what could be the last cookout of the year (our grill isn't easy to access in the snow) we had hot dogs and potato salad. Lots left over because I need leftovers for tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom