Italian This Weekend, Anyone Up For It?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BAMIKE

Assistant Cook
I'm new to this dine with us thing, but I'm doing Italian this weekend if anyone would like to join in, great.

I'll be going with Spaghetti with homemade sauce, Homemade garlic bread, veggies, and ceasar salad.

I'm doing this on Sunday and will share recipes and pictures.
Hope to get a few others to join in.

I am always ready for Italian. Maybe, I will make some ravioli this weekend. It all depends on DH's schedule.

I don't know if you have access to it. There is a pork sausage mixture that was created in the middle of Michigan's Upper Peninsula called Cudighee Sausage. I can purchase it locally do to where I live. There are also several recipes that can be found with a quick Google search if you want want to try making your own. It's similar to a pork, bulk-sausage. The reason I bring it up, is that when you mix 2 parts ground beef to 1 part Cudaghee Sausage, add an egg, a little bread crumbs, and a bit of granulated garlic, and chopped onions, an a splash of milk to the mixture, it makes an incredible meatball or meatloaf. I'll try to put amounts of ingredients down here. Just keep in mind that when I make my own, I eyball everything and so use your best judgement as to how much of each flavor you want.

Ingredients:
3/4 lb. ground beef
1/4 lb. Cudaghee Sausage
1 onion, finely diced
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
14 cup milk
1 extra-large egg
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. granulated garlic powder

After everything is well combined, take a spoonful of the mixture and flatten it into a patty. Fry it and taste. Correct the seasonings.

Roll into 3/4 inch balls and place in a lightly oiled SS or seasoned cast-iron pan and fry over medium heat, turning every couple of minutes, until lightly browned all over. Place the meatballs into your prepared pasta sauce and enjoy.

For a meat loaf, simply place the meat mixture into a loaf pan and bake at 350' F. until a meat thermometer placed into the middle center reads 165'F.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

We had polenta served on a big board covered with meat sauce a couple of weeks ago. Some dear Italian friends invited us for this wonderful feast. We sat across from each other and ate from our section of the board. It may sound strange, but it was so good and a lot of fun.
This was followed by another complete meal which was also spectacular.
They really know how to enjoy food!!!!

That's interesting...I've been craving Italian too. We're having our weekly lunch date tomorrow, and we're going to try a restaurant down the road a bit called Fratelli's (I think).

We had polenta served on a big board covered with meat sauce a couple of weeks ago. Some dear Italian friends invited us for this wonderful feast. We sat across from each other and ate from our section of the board. It may sound strange, but it was so good and a lot of fun.
This was followed by another complete meal which was also spectacular.
They really know how to enjoy food!!!!

Eating across a board it such good fun...very rustic, we do it with ploughmans & Italian, & less washing up:) I'm glad to hear other people do it too!

not waiting for any weekend, I am making Mushroom Risotto tonight. It has been on my mind for weeks, and I just decided today is the day. :chef:
Anybody in the area who wants some, just holler. There's gonna be plenty! :pig:

Tried a Puttanesca style sauce the other night...
Not bad, I think I put in too many anchovies.
I can see it being excellent with seafood though!

Contemplating a mushroom sauce of some kind for the future...
invent invent

I'm making a Ragu to go with my "Angel Hair" pasta...we had it in Tuscany years ago & have made it ever since

I've got 3 pizza dough balls that have been fermenting in the fridge since Wednesday. Since it's the first day of spring, I'm going to cook in my outdoor wood fired oven. One white with garlic, olive oil, fresh herbs and tomatoes, one with a San Marzano tomato sauce, and one with feta, garlic & spinach. (sure the last one may be a little Greek, but it's close!)

Back
Top Bottom