It's 4/20 (2018), what do you have the munchies for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In honor of 4/20, I decided to do something I haven't done in a long time... roll a fatty and smoke it. :cool:

I took a chub of Jimmy Dean sausage, and wrapped it in bacon, in kind of a "zig zag" pattern. I smoked it on the Weber Kettle with some hickory wood, then sliced it up for some sliders.

Some people add all kinds of rubs to their fatties, but I just poured a generous amount of Vermont maple syrup on mine for the last ten minutes on the smoker. That stuff goes perfectly with smoked pork, IMO. Especially pork sausage and bacon.

Leftovers with biscuits and eggs for breakfast? That's what I'm thinking.

CD

Attachments

• Fatty001.jpg
    Fatty001.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 117
  • Fatty003B.jpg
    Fatty003B.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 143
This early in the day, the only thing I'm thinking about is whether or not I'll be having a third cup of coffee. ;)

Well, I had the third cup. :)

Dinner was barbecue. I went to a local joint that I hadn't been to for over a year. I had the burnt ends, and, after finishing that, went back for a small serving of chicken. I've had my barbecue fix for now. :pig:

In honor of 4/20, I decided to do something I haven't done in a long time... roll a fatty and smoke it. :cool:

I took a chub of Jimmy Dean sausage, and wrapped it in bacon, in kind of a "zig zag" pattern. I smoked it on the Weber Kettle with some hickory wood, then sliced it up for some sliders.

Some people add all kinds of rubs to their fatties, but I just poured a generous amount of Vermont maple syrup on mine for the last ten minutes on the smoker. That stuff goes perfectly with smoked pork, IMO. Especially pork sausage and bacon.

Leftovers with biscuits and eggs for breakfast? That's what I'm thinking.

CD

:ROFLMAO:
I'd do that!!

WELL ---
don't y'know, being from Hawaii and having that Maui Wowie around ... :LOL:
at least the smell was in the air alot! :ROFLMAO:

Oh, we're talking about dinner, yeah that's right, I was in a fog there for a second :cool: :whistling

I have tons of leftover Costco Rotisserie Chicken, so it's that and CG we think alike, I made some Cole Slaw and I'll heat up some Baked Beans, canned that is.

002.jpg

It was a really good food day in my kitchen :yum:

DH went out for his weekly golf game, so I picked up dinner for me, along with a few other things, at the grocery store: tempura sushi and a pint of loaded potato soup. Yummy snacky eats :yum: [emoji38]

The weather in Northern Minnesota has been lovely the last couple of days, so fired up the BBQ again and grilled pork chops. Since I have been evaporating maple sap this week, the BBQ sauce was a maple smoked tomato based. Added some pineapple juice. Tossed some pineapple with cracked black pepper and dark chocolate vinegar, that went on the grill. Plated the pineapple on top of the pork chops and added a side of potato salad with minced fresh chives on top (those popped up this week). For dessert, the Elders had homemade ginger ice cream sandwiches. The "cookie" was molasses cookies I baked Tuesday. I meant to take a picture...the Elders cleaned their plates.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom