It's Aloha Friday, No Work Til Tuesday ~ 8/31/18 ~ What's Going On Your Plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm grilling some Italian sausages, sautéing some peppers and onions and SO is making a salad.

Since all this will be all prepared and ready to go, we'll probably have that for dinner.

Where did the Summer go? I always welcome the cooler temps, but hate seeing the sun go down a little sooner every day.
SC went to the grocery, I went to Trader Joe's and we both came home with treasures.
I'll decide closer to dinner time.

Where did the Summer go? I always welcome the cooler temps, but hate seeing the sun go down a little sooner every day.
SC went to the grocery, I went to Trader Joe's and we both came home with treasures.
I'll decide closer to dinner time.
:-p its-still-summe-till-the-eouinox-yo-rumors-of-summers-death-3552655.jpg

Astronomically speaking, that is correct GG. However, from a meteorological aspect, today is the last day of summer, so Kayelle is right, too. Then again, you could each be wrong, too. :LOL:

I'll be making patty melts sooner or later. Himself is still trying to decide if he'll have clear enough skies to make it worth the run down to the farm. Meanwhile, while he dithers, I'll put salad together. Little Tater Crowns on the side, peaches and blueberries with a bit of ice cream for dessert.

Our meal was almost completely from our "land." Fried catfish from our pond, along with veggies from the garden. The iced tea was made from the water from our well.

No additives, no preservatives, all as fresh as it gets.
P.S. Before Bucky gets silly, the catfish didn't come out of the pond fried. That was my job.

Last edited:
I want to eat at kgirl's house. :yum:

As it was, I had a cod filet with lemon slices baked in parchment paper, deviled eggs, steamed and buttered broccoli, and watermelon. 2 chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

What ever is correct, when I was a kid summer was most certainly over after Labor Day and school started for everyone on Tuesday. That was the sure sign summer was over. My Mom was happy, but I was not! That was so long ago, that white clothes had to be put away until Spring. That really never flew in California though.

We're having Brats on Bolillo rolls with the last of the Pineapple Salsa to top them.
Potato salad will join the party.

What ever is correct, when I was a kid summer was most certainly over after Labor Day and school started for everyone on Tuesday. That was the sure sign summer was over. My Mom was happy, but I was not! That was so long ago, that white clothes had to be put away until Spring. That really never flew in California though.

We're having Brats on Bolillo rolls with the last of the Pineapple Salsa to top them.
Potato salad will join the party.

School started for us as kids on the Tuesday after labor day. And, I was just going to post that we only have three more days to wear white shoes. :LOL:

Oh, as usual, I don't know what I'm going to make for supper. :rolleyes:

CD

Yes indeed, it's Aloha Friday once again,
and Monday is a US Holiday anyways …

I have a bowl of Lomi Lomi Salmon as well as Ahi Poke chilling down
I also have a HUGE Pork LauLau ready to be re-heated
and a fresh pot of steamed White Rice in the wings
for our Friday Feast.

What's Going On Your Plate?

005.jpg

MOST ONO!!!

(from the top right of the plate)

Keoki Brand Pork Lau Lau
Shoyu Ahi Poke, made with Noh Foods of Hawaii Poke Mix
from scratch Lomi Lomi Salmon
fresh steamed White Rice (think Sushi Rice, medium grain, sticky Rice)
and don't forget the Aloha Brand Shoyu!!

Back
Top Bottom