It's Dec. 10, 2015 Dinner is on the table!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Isn't it going to be a bit cold and dry by actual dinnertime? Unless, of course, you are having a "senior" moment and don't realize it's breakfast time for most of us here. :rolleyes::D:angel:

Oh, we are probably going to have gnocchi with oven-roasted butternut squash cubes, sautéed spinach, toasted walnuts and blue cheese crumbles. At least if I have a decent work day, otherwise RESERVATIONS!

Last edited:
Isn't it going to be a bit cold and dry by actual dinnertime? Unless, of course, you are having a "senior" moment and don't realize it's breakfast time for most of us here. :rolleyes::D:angel:

Oh, we are probably going to have gnocchi with oven-roasted butternut squash cubes, sautéed spinach, toasted walnuts and blue cheese crumbles. At least if I have a decent work day, otherwise RESERVATIONS!

No, not a senior moment. I already know what I am going to make. I knew yesterday what was on the menu for today. And here it is almost lunch time. :angel:

No, not a senior moment. I already know what I am going to make. I knew yesterday what was on the menu for today. And here it is almost lunch time. :angel:

Just asking cause the title of the thread is "Dinner is on the table!"

The gnocchi has been moved to another night. We are having Stonies with mustard sauce and a side!:yum:

Dinner here is also hours from being on the table but I do have a plan.

Those beautiful thick loin lamb chops from Costco will be seasoned with Herbs de Provence and fried on all sides to med rare. The SC will have a baked spud and we'll both have oven roasted fresh asparagus and his glorified salads. As always, the lamb chops will be served with Colman's of Norwich classic Mint Sauce..excellent stuff!

Last edited:
The Stonies, aka Florida Stone Crab.

36788-albums309-picture6325.jpg

Only legal size claws are harvested. The claws are already cooked, required by law. These are just around 24 hrs out of the water as I buy them from a source that has their own boats. They hit the dock each evening and are cooked on the spot and sold the next day. We decided on a rice pilaf with celery, onion, garlic and re-hydrated porcini. We used the soaking liquid along with chicken stock for liquid.

Only legal size claws are harvested. The claws are already cooked, required by law. These are just around 24 hrs out of the water as I buy them from a source that has their own boats. They hit the dock each evening and are cooked on the spot and sold the next day. We decided on a rice pilaf with celery, onion, garlic and re-hydrated porcini. We used the soaking liquid along with chicken stock for liquid.

Mmm, mmm, good! I bet those are amazing :yum:

Oooh. Reminds me of family vacations on Marco Island.

Leftover chili here.

Dang, hit the wrong button!

Attachments

• 1449791829173.jpg
    1449791829173.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 180
  • 1449791842663.jpg
    1449791842663.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 215
  • 1449791853903.jpg
    1449791853903.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 184
Crispy pork belly... Mmmmm... Bacon... :yum:

Pirate keeps asking me to buy some pork belly. Can someone tell me what it is and what do you do with it? I see it in the meat department, but it looks like a hunk of just fat to me. Only recently have I become aware of it even existing. I need an education. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom