It's Friday! June 26. What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I have the elk roast in the crock pot along with some carrots and potatoes and numerous other ingredients. That's what's for dinner at my place.

And yours??

Spaghetti, chilli, garlic and parsley.

I'm tired today. This is all the effort I can muster

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Wow, that sounds like fun, GG. Have a great evening!

I just took 2 chicken thighs out of the freezer, not sure yet what I'm going to do with them.

Cochinita Pibil tacos with Pico de Gallo, guacamole and pickled red onions. Karen will have the flour tortillas and I will have the corn tortillas. Store bought carrot cake for dessert.

I get the night off :clap: DH called and asked if I wanted to see Jurassic World at our local dinner theater. Love that place. They serve food and drinks right at your table and it's in a beautifully restored historic building: Commodore Theatre - Portsmouth, VA

What a great place GG.......that sounds like so much fun!!

If we make it to Costco, we will be having chicken wings - otherwise I have no idea!

I'm so ticked off with our Costco LP ! I love their beautiful fresh wings, and the last time we were there they were selling "party wing" packages of sectioned wings. :mad:GRRRRRR...I like to do them myself thank you very much. For one thing, I tip them and leave them whole for easier turning on the grill since we like both sections.

I know we're having two huge artichokes with our undetermined dinner.

Last edited:
And "thanks to our container garden" tonight!

Wilted cucumbers, a big bowl of three different kinds of cherry and grape tomatoes, grilled eggplant and, from the market, grilled steaks. Iced tea to wash it down. Lemon pudding with whipped cream and slivered almonds for dessert.

I ended up with oven roasted chicken with a little bbq sauce, green beans and shallots, and parslied potatoes with garlic and butter. Could only eat one chicken thigh, the other one will be for tomorrow. 'twas good - I'm stuffed.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 206
I grocery shopped today, so it was leftovers - the LAST of the leftovers. :clap: I did make new salads to go with, though. Starting tomorrow, I get to make new leftovers. :LOL:

It was chicken cacciatore at this house last night, with a vegetarian version for the husband. And more peanut butter cookies for dessert.

We ended up at Busch Gardens and ate a bit at their Food and Wine Festival. Had jerk chicken with mango salsa and chocolate hazelnut banana crepes. Listened to our boy's trio play twice and came home. We were so tired, hot and sweaty we stopped at Zaxby's on the way home and picked up 2 of their salads.

We went to a friend's house for supper. The wife of the couple has Parkinson's, so she wanted to keep it simple. She never knows how much she will be able to do. It was a joint effort with her husband. I helped chop vegis for the very large salad. It was a roasted, grain fed chicken seasoned with parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme. It was really, really good.

Oops, I nearly forgot to mention the very tasty, roasted, seasoned, potato wedges.

I get the night off :clap: DH called and asked if I wanted to see Jurassic World at our local dinner theater. Love that place. They serve food and drinks right at your table and it's in a beautifully restored historic building: Commodore Theatre - Portsmouth, VA

It was a really fun evening. I've heard better dialogue, but the movie was exciting and I had to keep reminding myself to breathe :LOL:

Here's a pic of our appetizer - a fruit and cheese plate. DH had fish and chips and I had a beef barbecue sandwich - no pics because the show had started ;)

Attachments

• 1435431666739.jpg
    1435431666739.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 172
  • 1435431688560.jpg
    1435431688560.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 171
Thanks for the report GG...fun!

Last night with our oversize artichokes I served this. It's quite good and I've used it before, but this time I added crisp fried bacon with shallots on the top.

img_1427211_0_40d11847aa711c8fdb87d7003d220078.jpg

Your appetizer looks great, GG - glad you had a nice time.

Kay, I'm adding that mushroom ravioli to my TJ's list. :)

Beth...how was the crockpot elk roast? If I remember right, that's how my ex liked to do ours, decades ago. We loved it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom