It's JUNE 1st what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Souschef hunt and gathered our dinner for tonight.:mrgreen:
Seafood Salad -
Iceberg and romaine lettuce, large gulf shrimp & king crab, egg, avocado and Louie dressing.

Attachments

• kilroy.jpg
    kilroy.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 84
  • P6010100.jpg
    P6010100.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 77
Tonight's dinner for SO and me is a take-off on a recipe posted by jennyema that was her version of a Lidia Bastianich recipe. I doubt Lidia would recognize it now.

It's chicken with pickled peppers and Kalamata olives served over rice.

Hey Whisk, do you have a more direct link to Roch's salad post? The one above took me to the main forum list for salads. I gave up after looking at three years of recipe titles. Thanks in advance.

I'll be using the ham bone in a pot of ham and beans and collard greens tonight. Bacon will be in there, too.

Kayelle, those salads look really good. Maybe inspiration for me for later this week...

Our freezer is on its last legs so tonight's dinner will be the first thing I pull out that looks like it needs to be eaten!

Patagonian Toothfish, AKA Chilean Sea Bass, and Shrimps fried gently in a Garlic-Butter, Roasted Potatoes, Buttered, Green Bean & Corn with Bacon Bits, SoS.......

Chilean Sea Bass.jpg

Scratching my head on this. As far as I can tell that is the direct link, or that is what opens up for me. Here it is as written 3.26.2012 Muy Delicioso
I add sliced cukes and tomatoes. Didn't read the fine print, so no parmesan today.

White Bean and Tuna Salad
Here is my lunch. From start to finish in about 10 minutes.

1can of white kidney beans, drained and rinsed well
1 can of Chunk Tuna.
2 green onions chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
1/2 red pepper
1 stalk celery chopped
1 Tblsp capers
tsp, minced lemon zest
Jarred olives(12, or so)
Parsley, fresh chopped
Herbs of choice
1/4 olive oil
2 tblsp red wine vinegar.
Salt'n'peppa

Mix it all up and you should get a couple of servings or enough for about 4 sides. I top with a bit of shaved parmesan cheese. Keeps a couple of days in the fridge....

Tonight's dinner for SO and me is a take-off on a recipe posted by jennyema that was her version of a Lidia Bastianich recipe. I doubt Lidia would recognize it now.

It's chicken with pickled peppers and Kalamata olives served over rice.

Here's the picture to prove it happened.

Attachments

• F59ABA72-6F49-44A0-B2B8-6F087E3B8E4B_1_105_c.jpg
    F59ABA72-6F49-44A0-B2B8-6F087E3B8E4B_1_105_c.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 60
I couldn't motivate myself to cook. DH boiled some frozen tortellini and added some Classico spicy red pepper pasta sauce. That was delicious.

Going to make RockLobster's White Bean and Tuna Salad. Now with added bacon goodness.

https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f11/white-bean-and-tuna-salad-78670.html
When I clicked on this link while on my phone, it took me here:
Salads and Salad Dressings

Scratching my head on this. As far as I can tell that is the direct link, or that is what opens up for me. Here it is as written 3.26.2012...
When I clicked on the underlined date in your post (again, on the phone app), it opened up my telephone dial pad! :ohmy:

Now I'm on my laptop. The first link took a perfectly direct route to Roch's recipe. Yay! And your post with the date? No underline. :huh: Very odd.

Moral of the story? I should use my laptop more? I don't think so, Tim. I waste way more time when I'm using it rather than my phone. :LOL:

There were a lot of greens in the pot. I figured I should put a second can of beans in there. Then, inspiration. I made a skillet of scratch corn bread. Good call.

IMG_20200601_211242436.jpg

Souschef hunt and gathered our dinner for tonight.:mrgreen:
Seafood Salad -
Iceberg and romaine lettuce, large gulf shrimp & king crab, egg, avocado and Louie dressing.

Inspired with cornbread too CG?

I wanted to add something to those delicious seafood salads, so I made https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f154/mexican-cornbread-my-way-101349.html
This time I made it in a 9x9 pan and it was perfect baked 5 min. longer.
What a great meal, and I have half of mine for lunch tomorrow.

Our freezer is on its last legs so tonight's dinner will be the first thing I pull out that looks like it needs to be eaten!

Well, the first thing I pulled out was bacon so we had BLTs with salad (Caesar for me and Greek for TB). We had a rotisserie chicken for lunch so a light dinner was perfect!

Still trying to deal with the freezer.

Chicken and Tasso Jambalaya. Used first of the new batch of Tasso. Don't need any cayenne in the spice mix!

36788-albums1121-picture8314.jpg

Back
Top Bottom