It's Ocho de Mayo! What's for Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I'm defrosting a pork tenderloin that I'm going to marinate in a chipotle marinade and grill. I have a batch of sesame noodles staying by to go along side. Some fresh plant-based food will also be there.

How are you celebrating this National Coconut Cream Pie Day?

Last edited:
If at first you don't succeed.......:D

Supermarket has sea scallops on sale this week for $9.99 / lb., labeled dry scallops. Pan seared scallops in lemon butter sauce, risotto Milanese, roasted asparagus.

I have chicken thighs thawing. It was gorgeous yesterday, raining today so not grilling. I will toss them with a bit of EVOO, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, and maple syrup, cook at 425, pull wild rice out of the freezer, add green beans with a maple vinegrette and hope the Elders like tonight's meal. I am sooooo bored cooking to my father's limited palette.

Daughter was given a recipe for IP cube steak... Should be interesting..

Ross
27696-albums1090-picture7337.gif
and recipe Please. LOL

Not sure what dinner will be BUT it may be corn waffles.

Three days late, but we're finally getting around to our Derby Day dinner. I'm sure we won't be having any mayo on our Kentucky Hot Brown sandwiches today, though. ;) We'll have salads with them; I'm still debating whether it will be a regular garden salad or a new-to-me recipe: Summery Greek Salad with Bulgur and Mozzarella. I figure I could cut the slices of bread for the Hot Brown really thin, so that would compensate for the carbs in the bulgur. :LOL:

Last of the chicken pecan salad. Bowl of watercress soup. An apple in slices. If I'm still hungry, a little sweet potato coconut milk curried veggies.

Homemade special fried rice with pork, chicken, shrimp, red bell, carrot, red onion, ginger, garlic, green onions, shitakis, baby corn, hoisin, tamari, sesame oil, sriracha, and scrambled eggs.

Attachments

• 2018-05-08 17.15.24.jpg
    2018-05-08 17.15.24.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 124
Ham and eggs for dinner

ham_eggs_050818_IMG_4160.JPG

Chocolate Cake for dessert (macerated strawberries and whipped cream)

chocolate_cake_050818_2_IMG_4155.jpg

Hot here today, a degree or two shy of triple digits, so I had a platter of nice cool fixin's for dinner. A couple of deviled eggs, celery, cucumber, and radishes with a little ranch for dippin', smoked gouda, a few crackers, cherries, and watermelon.

I'm looking forward to a bowl of Tillamook Hazelnut and Salted Caramel ice cream a little later. :yum:

I pulled some German sausage from Woody's Smokehouse in Centerville, TX out of the freezer. I grilled a big chunk up, and put it on a brat roll with some sauerkraut and stone ground mustard. Dill pickle and jalepeño stuffed olives on the side.

CD

Three days late, but we're finally getting around to our Derby Day dinner...
Ended up taking a fork in the road when I got to "cooking" today. I lost track of time when I was cleaning and picking, and I really wanted to see Abby's last episode on NCIS. Himself had suggested the leftover chicken last night for today's supper, so I pulled that out of the fridge, along with the leftover jojo potatoes. Heated up Green Giant Niblets corn (our favorite non-fresh corn) and we did buffet while watching TV.

Maybe the horses will run tomorrow night...

Back
Top Bottom