It's Sup-Sup-Suppertime ~ Sat. 8/25/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While our dinner probably won't cause dancing, it should be pretty good.

Marinated and grilled port tenderloin, stuffing and grilled zucchini are on the menu.

I couldn't resist that video!

DH went to early breakfast with his pal,
Mister Dear Friend,
so I made him a snack as we wait out this
Thunderstorm.

001.jpg

Prosciutto wrapped Cantaloupe,
not my cup of tea.

For Supper this evening, I have planned
for Grilled Cheese Burgers with a tray of
Potato Tots.
If this storm doesn't pass,
I suppose I could use one of my new kitchen toys...

002.jpg

Saturday, 8-25-18, what's on your plate?

There's a restaurant in NOLA called Johnny Sanchez, which is a collaboration between Aaron Sanchez and John Besh. One of their signature items is a meatball taco. The meatballs have roasted poblano peppers, onion and garlic puree plus cotija cheese, as well as some other things. I came up with a copycat version. We had that with an avocado salad tonight.

Attachments

• 2018-08-25 18.59.26.jpg
    2018-08-25 18.59.26.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 193
It's been another nibbly kind of day today. I went to the farmers market this morning and got a couple of Ambrosia Muskmelons, a small watermelon, strawberries, and a huge cucumber. I've been munching on those off and on. I made a beef stew today, but it will be for tomorrow.

Ambrosia melons put regular store bought cantaloupe to shame.:ohmy: I was inhaling the sweet aroma of those beauties on the 2 mile drive home and could hardly wait to cut into one. :yum: They don't have much of a life once they're picked though, so need to be used quickly.

Pasta again. I fried some diced bacon, added butter, and sautéed diced jalapeño and garlic, added my cooked penne pasta, and some finely chopped basil and oregano.

The pepper, basil and oregano came from my garden.

CD

Nice plate of food... but there is already a menu thread running for today. Oooops.

CD

We had salads, baked cod with EVOO Ritz crumbs seasoned with Spice House Lake Shore seasoning, fresh green beans with Penzeys lemon pepper, and Carolina long grain and wild rice.IMG_20180825_222110718.jpg

Skillet fried bacon wrapped Filet Mignon, loaded baked potato and spinach salad.

God forbid, if I'm ever on death row, that will be my last meal request. Wait, I'd want a whole carrot cake too.

We had a BBQ plate from an auction that we went to. It was originally for lunch but there was so much in the plates that we used part for supper.

I couldn't resist that video!

DH went to early breakfast with his pal,
Mister Dear Friend,
so I made him a snack as we wait out this
Thunderstorm.

View attachment 31200

Prosciutto wrapped Cantaloupe,
not my cup of tea.

For Supper this evening, I have planned
for Grilled Cheese Burgers with a tray of
Potato Tots
If this storm doesn't pass,
I suppose I could use one of my new kitchen toys...

View attachment 31201

001.jpg

It finally stopped raining and lightening, albeit a wee late in the evening...
Good thing I gave DH a snack :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom