It's Tuesday Again... what's the plan 8/04

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The remnants of hurricane Is... kept me from grilling chicken thighs so I used my trusty CI skillet. Also made some sour cream mashed potatoes and broiled zucchini.

Attachments

• 1B98D0DF-1817-44CC-B467-56A7C245BD8C_1_201_a.jpg
    1B98D0DF-1817-44CC-B467-56A7C245BD8C_1_201_a.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 66
We had store bought tortellini in a garlic, cream sauce. I hit the sauce with a couple of splashes of fish sauce. I served a leafy salad with vinaigrette. The chopped, raw cauliflower in the salad was a really nice addition. That was tastier than we expected.

I had taken out a chicken breast earlier. Pounded it, seasoned it. Then opened the fridge and grabbed. Green olives, mushrooms, pepperoncini, sweet red pepper, onion, garlic. Not bad!

Biggest surprise was the wine. Decided to open the suspicious bottle mentioned in Wine Cellar Candy. Is/was delish! Don't know how it will fare overnight but ready to make a tomato sauce if it collapses.20200804_185436.jpg

Was experimenting with a cold noodle dish. Normally in Korea it is made with soy milk but tried it with oat milk and peanut butter. It was actually quite good. Will make it again soon and document the process.

Also has Shishito peppers with gochujang sauce.

Shishito-Peppers-2.jpg

I'm guessing it is a tortellini in a mexican style soup - but need confirmation! LOL just keep thinking belly lint, :sick::eek:

My plan is to make this again:

View attachment 42282
(file photo)

Kara'age (Japanese style fried chicken)
My Quick Cucumber Kim Chee (or kimchi, how ever)
and Assorted Sushi from the market
of course some Wasabi and Shoyu for dippin' :yum:

:ohmy: did ya hear that? My stomach just roared so load [emoji38]
That's a good idea - I'm going to add sushi to the grocery list. Thanks.

Last edited:
No spoons yesterday, so we ordered Chinese takeout. Orange chicken with pork fried rice for me and boneless ribs with pork fried rice for DH. I also had a craving for wonton soup - you know, chicken noodle soup is good for ya [emoji38] It was a weird orange color. DH added a packet of soy sauce and it turned the expected color and the flavor was right. That's never happened before.

Back
Top Bottom