It's Wednesday the 23rd, What's for Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
We're having breakfast for dinner. Specifically waffles with a cinnamon apple topping and breakfast sausage links.

We're having breakfast for dinner. Specifically waffles with a cinnamon apple topping and breakfast sausage links.

That's a great idea.Especially when one gets tired of big meals every day.It's just me tonight.So I rarely make myself a big to do dinner.No dishes one pan.Nobody will know.

Homemade hash browns with crumbled breakfast sausage added towards the end sound really good.Hot sauce on the side.
Spank you very much! :LOL:

We're meeting friends for a picnic and concert in the park tonight. We're just packing some sandwiches, cold gazpacho, and a bottle of wine (to be served in inconspicuous glasses).

Not sure yet. I'm kind of in a cooking slump....I think I'll stop by the grocery store and see what the shrimp or scallops look like today, maybe that'll entice me.

Steve...I remember those days of inconspicuous glasses at concerts. :LOL:

Not sure yet. I'm kind of in a cooking slump....I think I'll stop by the grocery store and see what the shrimp or scallops look like today, maybe that'll entice me.

Steve...I remember those days of inconspicuous glasses at concerts. :LOL:

I remember "stuff" at concerts, but it wasn't very inconspicuous and it wasn't in glasses.:ohmy: Didn't matter whether it was Black Sabbath, Chicago, Rare Earth, Alabama or CDB. Sure benefited the local eateries after the concert.;)

Who's playing the concert?
Sounds like a good time.

Tonight it's going to be "Spicy Pasta"

Found it online, it sounded good, and I had the ingredients on hand.

Nothing if I don't get my rear in gear. It's supposed to be hot dogs or burgers on the grill, along with potato salad and/or mixed bean salad. Andy, your breakfast sounds good. Maybe bugers et al tomorrow...

I cleared out the kitchen freezer in anticipation of doing the big freezer either tomorrow or Friday. Found 2 chicken breasts. Thawed them out and have them baking with some seasoned potatoes. I'll probably chop up some lettuce for a salad too. It's just me but I'm tired of sandwiches.

Hot today (although not by your standards) and I've been gardening - silly me - so not inclined to bother much. So omelette fines herbes and a glass of white wine. Followed by a peach cut up in another glass of white wine.

Feel mildly squiffy as not used to more than one glass of wine - I'm out of practice. So an early night tonight. For once I'm going to bed on the same day I got up.

Night-night everyone.

I was gone all day but had the good sense to put a couple of really meaty country-style pork ribs into the crock-pot, along with some chopped onions and a whole package of fresh mushrooms I sliced thin. The remains of some chicken broth from the refrigerator and part of a package of onion soup mix completed the concoction. Sure smelled good when I came into the house.

I made some steamed rice 'cause there was lots of yummy juice and 'shrooms to be sopped up somehow. Still have a few of the tumbled tomatoes left from Saturday, which became our other side. Iced tea, of course, and the last of the strawberry pie for dessert.

There's been so much talk lately about Country French cooking sauce for chicken I had to try my hand with what I had avaliable. The browned skinless bone in chicky thighs are simmering away in their butter/mushroom/wine/milk gravy seasoned with dill, garlic, and herbs de Provence. It's sure smelling wonderful. We'll have it over mashed taters, and a green salad with garden tomatoes on the side.
Phew, I'm hot and having a large glass of wine till it's time to hit the kitchen again.

Kinilaw Filipino Ceviche with Coconut Milk made using tuna

img_1376775_0_48f6cc2c8fd7debbcd33c694e8325cc5.jpg

We're getting ready to go out of town Friday, so I'm trying to use up stuff in the fridge. We had leftover barbecued pulled beef, potato salad, tomato-mozzarella-avocado salad and marinated cucumbers. Good stuff.

Ham, fresh corn on the cob (as Janis sang, get it while you can), some home grown cherry tomatoes and cukes. More cherries, grapes, and home grown blueberries. I love summer!

Oh, and happy 27th anniversary to us!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom