I've seen it all now!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Neat "o"!

I'm going to do some shopping this weekend.
I was supposed to go today but... after going to the dr.
and waiting and waiting... I just didn't feel like it.:):)

marmalady said:
Costco has fois gras and Beluga caviar for the holidays!!!!

I'm there!

Costco is an amazing place. They have mix of products, some of which are high-end and very good. We have found their Kirkland Signature brand to be high quality. Other products are usually good, too. They have several free sample tables set up daily so you can sample some products to help with the purchase decision.

I love Costco - you do have to watch prices, tho, because you're not necessarily getting a 'bargain' on all their items - you have to do the math, break the cost of say, a case of something and then compare it to what you can find in the supermarkets - for instance, I see folks all the time with those huge packs of toilet tissue and paper towels, but I can find better bargains in the local supers when they're on sale. However, their prices on flour, sugar, etc. are fantastic. (if you should find yourself needing 25 pounds of flour!:mrgreen: )

Other things I find myself buying just because you can't find them anywhere else; they have a frozen 'lime and cilantro shrimp' that is to die for! We just nuke a few and throw them on a salad, and the taste is awesome!

And i also agree that their 'Kirkland' brand is pretty high quality, too - saw a bottle of Kirkland Shiraz, I think 2000, for $49!!!!!

Marm, thanks for the tip on the shrimp..My DH is the costoco junkie, I about lose it in those long lines..But, I do go with him some evenings..Will look into the shrimp as all my kids love them and I'm thinking since they want a green salad for turkey day instead of spinach, that the shrimp just might make the salad..Costco here I come..Thanks again Marm..
kadesma

Marm: I saw the caviar but not the foie gras.

There were several pates that looked good and brie is clearly big this season.

Maybe not all the Costcos are carrying it? I found it on the same cooler shelf where the pate was; it was all packaged up in a block covered with paper, so you couldn't actually see the fois gras.

Back
Top Bottom