June 3, 2020 ~ What's your Wednesday winner dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
While sorting old recipe clippings, I ran across on for shrimp tostadas. If they turn out ok, I'll post a photo. If they don't, we will never speak of this again...

What are your supper plans?

Cajuncini, leftover jambalya cooked like arancini with muenster in the middle. Spke saucr of mayo, ketchup and horseradish. Cajun queso with chips. Trinity, garlic, cream cheese, half-n-half, muenster, cheddar.

Attachments

• 2020-06-03 19.17.31.jpg
    2020-06-03 19.17.31.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 95
I made meatloaf and a salad with homemade vinaigrette. I also tried making some brown rice pilaf, but it wasn't ready in time for supper. I used a different burner than I usually use for rice, so the timing was off. I took out a few packets of frozen brown rice an nuked those. So, we did have rice with supper.

I was finally able to get a haircut today. First time since Feb. 15th. Th appt. was late in the day so dinner was a quickie - hot dogs on buns and macaroni salad.

Cajun seasoned chicken breast & pasta salad...
39817-albums960-picture8319.jpg
[/IMG]

The tostadas look pretty, tasted good... but I don't know if I will make them again. :( They are a bit messy, and Himself isn't fond of messy. One of his broke in half, dumping all the topping onto his plate. Then again, too bad. I still have 17 discs in the bag and I'm not going to toss them out.

IMG_20200603_211046819.jpg

Souschef picked up our meals tonight from Hozy's Grill. It worked out great for each of us, as I don't eat veal, and he's not fond of anything too spicy. Those folks sure know how to cook! :yum:

Veal Marsala
Thin veal cutlets, sautéed with chanterelle mushrooms
and Marsala wine, served with potato and vegetable

Chile Relleno Dinner
A homemade chile relleno stuffed with queso fresco served
over black bean salsa, topped with fresh Ranchero sauce,
served with Spanish rice, pinto beans and flour tortillas

Their delicious Blackberry Cobbler will have to wait for breakfast in the morning. ;)

I had a Marie Callender Chicken Pot Pie for dinner.

Back
Top Bottom