June 8 - Wednesday Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I'm leaving tortellini and a salad for the family. I'm eating at work. I'm tempted to take some leftovers with me as I'm not sure what the quality of food is this week!

I'm thinking possibly chicken in mushroom sauce but I may take a look in the freezer to see what I have in the way of beef cuts since we've had chicken for the past 3 days.

The lasagna is cooked, so I'll probably have some for brunch. Oyster stew is next, so probably all I'll need for today and tomorrow.

The temp is near 90º F and humid. Our grandson is here to enjoy the pool so dinner will be a quick and easy burgers on the grill.

some concoction I will dream up using the chorizo sausage I didn't use yesterday (DH took me to A&W) and the "baby" eggplant I picked up at the market.

Going to do a steak and ale stew, with dumplings and a oven-baked tatoe.

The weather's hit and miss (despite it supposedly being summer) and a little gloomy so it'll warm the cockles.

Anyone doing any great deserts? Something chocolatey would be nice... :rolleyes:

I'm doing my turkey burgers again. The humidex has the temp at 40C. It is hot and humid. We're going to have cucumber slaw as a side.

Can you two please send some of that hot weather our way here on the west coast? It is nice and sunny, but just a little cool. I don't want sweltering heat, just a little warmth! :mrgreen:

DH just texted me to remind me it is game day (after the last one, I think I might rather forget:wacko:). So, we are going to have smokies, coleslaw and potato salad from the deli. He'll pick it up on his way home!

Last edited:
Pressed Cubans using pulled pork. Maybe some asparagus, too.

Only if I can send the rain we had in April and May.There is a price. Besides, you need cooler weather as long as the play-offs are going on. It just wouldn't be right for folks not to be able to wear their Canucks jerseys. You want it cool--at least until after June 15 <g>. How's your dad doing?

geez, i didn't realize it was hump day already. been working midnight to noon for the past week, no days off for a few weeks.

i'm waiting on line for medicine for a sick little boy after food shopping, then it's off to toys-r-us for a special water gun he wanted. he did so well in school this year (straight a's including some a ÷ outstanding ) he deserves it.

then, i'm heading home with a pizza and mussels, a wednesday special at a local pizza place. i hope i make it to the couch.

i'm starting to hallucinate a little. i keep seeing people that aren't there in the corner of my eye. it's freaky.

just how long does it take to make zithromax grape flavoured?

Last edited:
Only if I can send the rain we had in April and May.There is a price. Besides, you need cooler weather as long as the play-offs are going on. It just wouldn't be right for folks not to be able to wear their Canucks jerseys. You want it cool--at least until after June 15 <g>. How's your dad doing?

We have had our share of rain, thank you very much! ;) As for needing cooler weather, we will wear our jerseys in the blazing sun if it will help our boys get over Monday night's game... (um, uh, I hope GB and Andy M aren't reading this)... and can finish the Bruins off in two games!:cool:

Dad is improving day to day at the rehab facility and is working very hard at his physio. Still no word on a date when he will come home, only that he will come home which is good.

Last edited:
Hot and humid here!

A chef salad and a coney on a slice of bread.

It is funny how simple things bring back memories. I thought I had some new england hot dog rolls in the freezer to have with my coney but, I must have used them. It always makes me feel poor to eat a hot dog or a hamburger on bread instead of a cheap roll. A flashback to my childhood. The same goes for elbow macaroni instead of shells. Silly but, very real to me!

some concoction I will dream up using the chorizo sausage I didn't use yesterday (DH took me to A&W) and the "baby" eggplant I picked up at the market.

All of the A&W's in my area are gone now.

I still need a rootbeer float once a year.

Do they still hang the trays on the car window?

All of the A&W's in my area are gone now.

I still need a rootbeer float once a year.

Do they still hang the trays on the car window?

No, Sadly the last A&W Drive-in was closed about 10 years ago. They still have a '50's car "cruise-in" at that location once a year (and I think other ones with big enough lots do as well) for charity. We try to go as it is really great - the staff even dress up in retro uniforms but they don't have the trays anymore. :(

I hear you on the rootbeer float. I was kicking myself I didn't have one yesterday.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom