Kitchen Antics - Wed. 6/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Easy Wednesday !
Grilled Hot Dogs, Air Fries, Carrots & Pearls, Leftie rice, and a Salad...

Hot dogs, Grilled.jpg

Looks good, Lucky.

We are going simple as well as TB teaches Wednesday nights. So it is leftover pizza and taco fixings with salad and/or raw veggies.

A cross between a cobb and chef's salad so that we could use up some leftover cheese and arugula.

Tonight was a "pantry" dinner. I defrosted a pork tenderloin and went from there. Dinner ended up being BBQ-sauced pork tenderloin, roasted butternut squash, and roasted shredded brussel sprouts. 20200610_190540.jpg

The grilled hotdogs look great, and the tenderloin looks really tasty too. Even the leftovers sound yummy.

For us, we had Greek Lemon Chicken with Potatoes and cucumber/tomato salad. The house smells awesome! Leftovers at some point tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20200610_180607.jpg
    20200610_180607.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 141
I made salads with baby romaine and Bibb lettuces, black beans, fresh corn, salad olives, grape tomatoes, and queso fresco... while it's still "fresco". Himself ended up not eating his share of last night's fish dinner, so he's having it tonight. I'll make myself a grilled ham and cheese sandwich on my homemade rye bread in a little bit.

IMG_20200610_191649837_HDR.jpg

We had chicken picata on wholewheat penne and a salad. I used CG's instructions to make the chicken picata. It was delicious, but the sauce was more of a broth than a sauce. Note to self: don't use the non-stick skillet for this. I want more fond than I get with the non-stick.

We had burgers on the grill with the buns I baked yesterday along with tots and beer/wine.

I did some "cowgirl rib eye steaks" in the sous vide, and made individual casseroles of fresh corn off the cob Elote with mine spicy, and his not. Loaded salads with avocado finished off the meal.

Souschef had to finish off the steaks on Wilma, the searing flaming burner as I watched from the landing because of my gimpy knee today. He had nearly as much fun with fire as I do yelling yabba dabba doo......
What a great meal with a good bottle of wine.!! :yum:

Yummy and easy grilled dinner last night - pork chops, corn and peaches. I made a sauce of honey from our hives and peach white balsamic vinegar for brushing the peaches while they cooked, then topped them with torn fresh mozzarella and garden mint. So good.
20200610_202111.jpg

ohhhhhh those peaches look divine GG. I can just about taste them, but not quite.

Did you dream up that idea? Very creative.
Thanks! I've read about the method and the general idea, but I used what I had. I've seen recipes that call for drizzling grilled peaches with balsamic vinegar and filling them with goat cheese. I thought the peach white balsamic would be good and I didn't have goat cheese but I do have fresh motz, and DH had suggested putting honey on them, so ... It all came together :chef:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom