Labor/Labour Day Dinner 9/2/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
We have leftover rotisserie chicken, smashed potatoes and broccoli.

Last edited:
Cleaning out the fridge of anything that won't last 4 days...there's cooked turkey and pork...

Pot'o'chili.

Also, I am boiling this cursed bag of turkey bones, which has been getting in my way for weeks every time I go into the freezer to get something out. Going to make a turkey rice soup at the same time and portion it out and give it to various family members....

I have some Chinese long beans and baby potatoes from the farmer's market; thinking I'll make Italian potato salad with beans, red onions, roasted peppers and red-wine vinaigrette, along with grilled or roasted Italian-marinated chicken thighs.

Da and I are roasting the very nice chicken. I put the rub of garlic, herbs and butter all over it very thoroughly. I put away some of the rub to do the basting every 20 minutes with the brush. We will have the fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, shredded Cheddar cheese on the lettuce salad with the chicken and also steamed cabbage. It smells so very good!

DA's boyfriend has arrived for the visit and the dinner. He and DA are in her sitting parlor telling the dirty jokes again! They are very funny but I can not tell you of them on this website because I desire to stay here.

~Cat

What?! You're roasting a chicken and not making gravy over mashed potatoes?! :ohmy:

:LOL:

I feel like making some parsley potatoes out of the small redskins I picked up the other day, but am unsure of the meat as of now. Maybe I can find some pork loins in the freezer and do a pork schnitzel. And I'll grill a couple ears of corn. It's so nice being able to fire up the grill and not worry about wasting propane because.

While perusing the freezer for the pork, I happened upon some frog legs I had purchased a couple weeks ago, so I'll be having those instead of the pork schnitzel.

What?! You're roasting a chicken and not making gravy over mashed potatoes?! :ohmy:

:LOL:

I feel like making some parsley potatoes out of the small redskins I picked up the other day, but am unsure of the meat as of now. Maybe I can find some pork loins in the freezer and do a pork schnitzel. And I'll grill a couple ears of corn. It's so nice being able to fire up the grill and not worry about wasting propane because.

Oh but yes, pacanis, we do have that also at times. We must use the cabbage before it becomes to turn bad. It comes from my little garden. I love to grow these vegetables.

Your meal sounds lovely. I did learn to grill corn and it is very good.

~Cat

...DA's boyfriend has arrived for the visit and the dinner. He and DA are in her sitting parlor telling the dirty jokes again! They are very funny but I can not tell you of them on this website because I desire to stay here.
~Cat

You're 90-some year old aunt has a boyfriend? How precious!

Another request for tube steaks. Weather is iffy but Himself said he'd hang out under an umbrella the five minutes it takes to scorch them. :LOL: I'm making another batch of PPO's no-mayo potato salad, and I'll fry up some bacon before I heat canned bbq beans in the pan. One last farm market peach to use - I'll mix it with some blueberries and top with a dollop of vanilla ice cream for our dessert.

Oh but yes, pacanis, we do have that also at times. We must use the cabbage before it becomes to turn bad. It comes from my little garden. I love to grow these vegetables.

Your meal sounds lovely. I did learn to grill corn and it is very good.

~Cat

I was just kidding. I'm a big fan of mashed potatoes and especially chicken gravy (and pork gravy and beef gravy and...) :yum:

You're 90-some year old aunt has a boyfriend? How precious!

Another request for tube steaks. Weather is iffy but Himself said he'd hang out under an umbrella the five minutes it takes to scorch them. :LOL: I'm making another batch of PPO's no-mayo potato salad, and I'll fry up some bacon before I heat canned bbq beans in the pan. One last farm market peach to use - I'll mix it with some blueberries and top with a dollop of vanilla ice cream for our dessert.

She does. He is 91 and a very nice man. He has arrived here for dinner that I am making and he gave me the little betta fish in the small tank and supplies for him today. It was his present to me to celebrate my citizenship! The betta is blue and I named him "Jaws" after the movie of the shark. He stays on my desk now.

Your meal sounds very good!

~Cat

I was just kidding. I'm a big fan of mashed potatoes and especially chicken gravy (and pork gravy and beef gravy and...) :yum:

I know you are kidding! Far be it from me to be the heretic of the gravy and mashed potatoes! :LOL:

~Cat

Sunday gravy on Monday ;). Served with linguini or tortellini as I don't think there is any spaghetti in the house. I guess I will go out to the garden for some green bean, somehow I don't think beets would go very well with red sauce ;) Maybe I can con DH into making a salad.

Back
Top Bottom