Late night snacks- what are yours?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i wake up hungry around 2 & go get something to snack on. often it's booze:ohmy: :whistling so i can return to slumber & some kind of starch- leftover mashed potatoes or saltines. what are your late-nite snacks?

My favorite is nachos. Chips, onions & chili smothered in melted cheese and topped with sour cream. It's 1:45 right now. Gad I'm hungry.

If it's a middle-of-the-night kind of thing, I'll usually have one or 2 pieces of cheese. If I have it in the house, a small wedge or 2 of Laughing Cow does the trick, & is easier on the digestion.

Once I go to sleep, there is no waking me! But, DH always get's up a few times. He will grab a small glass of milk and a snack cake, like a Little Debbies.

Luvs, glad to see you back. Hope your better!!

It's microwave popcorn for me before I go to bed.
If I wake up and have to eat, it is a sandwich or crackers and cheese with hot chocolate.

I like to slice some cheese and eat it with Ritz or Wheat Thin crackers.
Squeeze cheese in the can is good too.

allen, tex, i have yet to get into inpatient. they're waiting till Monday to see if they can take me & if this hospital keeps up thier red tape, i'm going to another. thanks for asking.

seems like we have plenty of cheese lovers- i'm one of them!

Last edited:
a cup of hot tea or hot chocolate...and lately I have been loving these taquita's that I eat w/ sour cream! Try it yourselves, especially if you are interested in increasing the size of your tushy!LOL!!!

I like to have some protein based and light... like some cottage cheese or a small container of yogurt. It takes the hungries away and doesn't leave me feeling too full and bloated to get back to sleep. I find that if I snack on carbohydrates late at night it makes me feel groggy and gross in the morning so I try to avoid it...

A huge glass of cold buttermilk will usually do it for me. If I am out of buttermilk, the next fav is cottage cheese with sour cream/cheddar potato chips.

grumblebee said:
I like to have some protein based and light... like some cottage cheese or a small container of yogurt. It takes the hungries away and doesn't leave me feeling too full and bloated to get back to sleep. I find that if I snack on carbohydrates late at night it makes me feel groggy and gross in the morning so I try to avoid it...

Same with me here. I try not to eat any carbs after 7pm and most of it for breakfast or lunch. But I don't always eat healthy protein snacks either. I love Slim Jims and I'll usually eat several as a snack. Everytime I go to Costco I pick up a case.

awwww, you are so different from me on my carbs. if i have protein, i don't digest. if i have saltines or another light carbohydrate, i'm fine. i have a very loose stomach, so i get ill often. individuals, huh?:)

Usually - I just roll over and go back to sleep. But sometimes, I dream about something specific (that I have on hand) and that is all that will let me return to slumber land ... a slice of pie, a meatball sandwich, a bowl of stew, lasagna, moussaka, basically any leftovers in the 'fridge ... etc.

Generics would be a peanut butter sandwich, or PB and crackers, or toasted split and buttered bagel ... humm, guess that would be carb food?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom