Let's get creative with breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had Eggs Hussard at Brennen's in New Orleans, one morning, long ago. It was an amazing meal, with Turtle Soup (bayou turtle), as as an appetizer, Eggs Hussard as the entree, and Bananas Foster, fixed before your eyes.
I drank Mimosas, while the rest drank coffee and Baileys. When we went in, we were the first there, and all the waiters were lined up down the hallway in TAILS!
We had wonderful service, and the best meal ever...cost Kim and me about $90 twenty years ago.

This is for you Uncle Bob
my late wife and I all ways had fried grits and side meat with eggs on Sunday and strong coffee. Then we would go fishing for car fish.

I love making big breakfasts on the weekends. Often it will be my "big meal" of the day and I'll eat it at like 11am.

Tomorrow, I'm doing the following:
-Rice
-Fried Eggs
-Loganisa (filipino sausage - delicious porktacularness)
-Leftover Kalbi shortribs
-Avocado
-Kim Chi
-Sweet Plantains (Maduros)

Wacky combination I know, but when it's all on a plate together the flavor contrasts and sheer variety makes for a very very satisfying breakfast. This isn't some combination that I do on the regular, it just happens to be what I have in the house right now. Some of the most satisfying Saturday morning breakfasts are made up of leftovers from the week.

Other favorites:

-half english muffins topped with poached egg, smoked fish, and asparagus

-Scrambled eggs with chanterelles

-Salmon cakes with fried potatoes

-Fried shoyu spam with rice, kim chi, and runny fried egg on top. (salty porky spicy starchy gooey DELICIOUS)

Adillo, I know way back at the beginning you mentioned smoked salmon. For one of my speed tests at school I had to make a flavoured omelet. Most people used mushrooms, herbs, or cheese but I am not known to be "most people" :LOL:, so I used smoked salmon and dill. Got high marks!

I also make a "smothered omelet" that I copied from a local restaurant. I make an omelet with the works and cover it with my own hollandaise sauce. I know, egg and cholesterol overload, but it is really good!

Back
Top Bottom