Made a favorite dish for dinner, Saturday 10/26/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepperhead212

Executive Chef
And it was probably the hottest dish of the year!

It's a Thai dish - Mahogany Fire Noodles - made with rice noodles, and a lot of garlic and chiles! I got the idea to make this when harvesting all that spearmint yesterday, as that is a main ingredient.

Here are the peppers that went into it:
Peppers to be used in Mahogany Fire Noodles by pepperhead212, on Flickr

And the finished dish. I'll post the rest of the photos, and the recipe, on the international forum.
Finished Mahogany Fire Noodles by pepperhead212, on Flickr

That was stupid - I didn't see 10-ey before posting! And something I can't edit.

Last edited:
As this is tonight's dinner thread, this my first night back in my kithen. I got beef going in the slow cooker for tomorrow night's beef and barley soup. For tonight, I made garlc dusted roasted chicken, roasted at 435 deg. F. to 155 internal temp. Let it rest for 20 minutes amd it came up to the target temp. of 165. Made fried rice with srssame oil. Garlic, and onion, and some corn on the cob. After spending the last 3 months in a hospital bed, I hit the ground running. Didn't have enough energy to make desert. The meal came out very good, and the chicken skin, and meat were perfect, crispy skin, with tender and juicy meat. And it's nearly impossible to mess up corn, or fried rice. I see great meals on my horizon.��

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Chief, I'm so glad you're out of the hospital and back in your kitchen!!! I know when I've been traveling and out of my kitchen for a time, the first thing I want to cook is a perfectly roasted "standing" chicken. There's just something comforting about it I think.

Tonight we had pan fried loin lamb chops, loaded baked potatoes and glorified salads.

Last edited:
I had strip steak grilled on the stove top grill pan and the last of the sweet potato casserole.

Last Night's Fare ;
Air-Fryer Pork Loin Chop on a Sauerkraut Bed, Mashed Spuds with Chives, Cut Okra, Sliced Grape Tomatoes w/ Red Onion...

IMG_1961.jpg

Last night we cleaned out some odds and ends from the freezer. Pork siu mai and dumplings with dipping sauce, steamed buns, and a beer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom